Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2016, 9:34 pm

I prefer to eat organic fruit, but if they are not available I turn to nasty energy drinks (instead of buying conventional fruit).

Although, conventional fruit (supermarket) is rather manhandled, and chilled to death.

Name your hypocrisies?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 6:35 am

I get impatient as a passenger when the bus stops at red lights where people are crossing, but the other day as a pedestrain I got really annoyed because the lights weren't working when I wanted to cross the road.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 6:41 am

Things like, I'm concerned about the environment and I know that things like recycling is important to not making such an impact, but sometimes I can't recycle everything nor go to extreme lengths to take it somewhere that will.

My local authorities require us to do a lot of washing-out of items or they themselves toss them in the trash if they're not perfectly clean -- seriously, this was shown on our news -- but when I'm using all the extra hot water to get mayo out of a greasy mayo jar, I start thinking how my carbon footprint is now BIGGER because I'm burning electricity using hot water I wouldn't be using if I just tossed the mayo jar.

So, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It depends how much cleaning the item needs. I think the recycling facility should bloody well do the cleaning-out themselves instead of making us do it. There are rumours that locally our recycling is not in fact recycled at all, so I quite often resent that I can't just trust it's worth it.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2016, 10:15 pm

Don't put too much responsibility on yourself.
Mostly it is the manufacturers of consumable products and packaging, who have the responsibility to make it biodegradable.
Everything breaks down, just somethings take longer.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Sep 2016, 11:43 pm

I'm completely devoted to my partner within a relationship & cant imagine wanting anyone else. But I had a huge celebrity crush obsession before I got my current girlfriend(which is my 3rd) & I still have it pretty bad for the celeb. I really want to have a threeway relationship with both of them or at lest be the celeb's bodyguard or personal assistant but I haven't figured out a good plan to meet her without seeming like a total stalker or creep so I haven't even tried. I really do love my girlfriend thou & think she's perfect for me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 1:24 pm

I'm just the queen of hypocrisy. I complain about how society dehumanizes autistic people and only dwell on the negative and believe firmly in all kinds of myths and misinformation about us, and yet I constantly bash the United States and Americans in general. I complain that that the atmosphere of WP is frequently hostile to women both on and off the spectrum, but then I make "jokes" about guys.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 1:55 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Things like, I'm concerned about the environment and I know that things like recycling is important to not making such an impact, but sometimes I can't recycle everything nor go to extreme lengths to take it somewhere that will.

My local authorities require us to do a lot of washing-out of items or they themselves toss them in the trash if they're not perfectly clean -- seriously, this was shown on our news -- but when I'm using all the extra hot water to get mayo out of a greasy mayo jar, I start thinking how my carbon footprint is now BIGGER because I'm burning electricity using hot water I wouldn't be using if I just tossed the mayo jar.

So, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It depends how much cleaning the item needs. I think the recycling facility should bloody well do the cleaning-out themselves instead of making us do it. There are rumours that locally our recycling is not in fact recycled at all, so I quite often resent that I can't just trust it's worth it.

Having a water meter has stopped me dead in my tracks from recycling most things. I have to pay to rinse them out? Yeh, well, thanks but no thanks.

I'm pretty sure cardboard is a waste of time to recycle too, I think they ship it.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2016, 11:35 pm

As for the cardboard, I'm pretty sure all the boats that go back to china after dropping off the iphones, are empty. So it is very efficient to send them back loaded with recycling. Saves them cutting down some more trees in Borneo.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Sep 2016, 2:23 am

Of course I am a hypocrite. I'd name what they are but I am sure they are unimportant! :lol:

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2016, 10:52 am

I think we're all hypocrites when it comes to something. I'm like that with food too. I'll eat an organic salad, then wolf down a bear claw and 45 ounce soft drink. :roll:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 1:34 am

I think everyone is one. I give others advice I don't follow myself.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.