Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 6:34 pm

I know most aspies have (or had) a tough time in high school or college, but was elementary or middle school tough for you?

08 May 2007, 6:53 pm

High School was the toughest I have to say because the work was extremely hard. My work had to be modified. Middle school was more tough because the work was harder and so was the math. I think the problem is now is that I’m behind in math and I just don’t know the rules of high school mat and middle school math because I moved from one state to another and each school system is different. I didn’t learn negative numbers in elementary school and there was no algebra in sixth grade but when I moved to Montana, there was lot of algebra and negative numbers so I was behind in math then because they were way ahead of me. My elementary school didn’t even start teaching students fractions till they reached fifth grade and they waited till spring to start. I was just getting the hang of it in sixth grade finally and then we moved to Montana and the kids were way ahead in math education. That’s probably why I suck in math. Perhaps I should start buying workbooks that is for fifth and sixth grade and junior high so I can try to catch up in math.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 8:28 pm

I hated middle school and elementary school both passionately. High school was a relief. Back in middle school I hated everyone outside of my family.
I'm quiet and reclusive but I have a couple friends and I get along okay with people.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 11:36 pm

Elementary school was probably the best time I've had in school, although I did have some bullying problems. I was homeschooled through most of middle school.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 12:06 am

Elementary school was great. Middle school was awful. I got bullied a lot, and I seriously wanted to kill the bullies.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 3:04 am

not really, but I only had 1 school, which looking back was probably a good thing.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 3:07 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
not really, but I only had 1 school, which looking back was probably a good thing.

Yeah. My folks moved around a bit,
and it was pretty hard being the new
kid. By the time things got settled, I
was pretty heavily ostracized - something
I don't remember much earlier.

Eller
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 3:08 am

Elementary school was hell. Both teachers and classmates were a bunch of unfriendly people. After that, I didn't have any social problems anymore.