Nose Ring Or No Nose Ring - The Nose Doesn't Know

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 10:15 pm

C2V wrote:
I had a nose ring once, along with a bunch of other stuff pierced over the years, but piercingly never take with me. I have two stretches in my ears and even that is hard enough to keep healthy.
For me a nose ring did get badly infected, and started to look so horrible like that I had to take it out. But that is a personal thing I think - some people's bodies tolerate piercingly ok and others don't. Might be useful to see how your ears responded to know how your nose might go.
I would also recommend getting your nose done properly with a needle, not an ear piercing gun. That can often mean the difference between a piercing taking or not. Guns cause trauma to the tissue plus are notoriously unhygienic and can lead to infections developing.

I'm allergic to nickel. Found that out with my ears. Also, as I kept piercing my ear upward, it wouldn't heal and often would bleed . back then, we pierced the left ear more than the right. I think I had used peroxide and alcohol which they say not to use now. Maybe if I had given my ear more time, they would have healed.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 3:22 am

^ Yar, when I had normal ear piercings, they were always getting infected or closing over. At one stage I had four or five in each ear and it was a constant thing to stop them going all manky. Then when I put the stretches in, it's way easier. I think perhaps because the loops are so big now that air / water / soap can get in there and clean them out, whereas normal piercing holes are so small stuff just breeds in there? The stretches I wear at the moment are rubber for sensory reasons and they seem pretty user friendly.
They do recommend for facial piercings, also, that you only use titanium. Hypo-allergenic (useful for you if you already have metal related allergy reactions) and sturdy enough not to tarnish and so on, which can cause issues with your skin. A lot of facial jewellery is titanium from proper tattoo and piercing places. :)

Quote:
Piercings can really make you look mean and fit in with the crowds of people without jobs and homes to remind you too, besides the famous metal singers. That's my opinion again, and if "edgy" is your thing, I have no control over you. The "edgy" attitude with giving people middle fingers and telling them to go **** off is another thing I don't like. Adding to that is the "YOU DON'T KNOW ME!" attitude. People with piercings look like criminals too to me.

This is also my own personal view on piercings generally.

I understand this is your personal impression but this is a huge generalization. Not every person with a piercing is the same. Just because you have piercings and / or tattoos doesn't automatically make you an unemployed, violent criminal or bum, interested in being aggressive or "edgy." Plenty of perfectly reasonable people have both tattoos and piercings just because they like them (like me! I wouldn't dream of giving you the finger or speaking rudely to you!)
Where did you get this formula for perception? It's definitely a stereotype.
Though, last week someone told me my appearance in this way makes me look like "a rocker."

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 3:36 am

This is the kind of piercing that I am wanting except on the right side :

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 4:47 am

those little nose studs are cute!!

i have given up on facial piercings. i can't be careful enough with my face (oh the dangers of sweaters and bathroom walls), and imbalance of feeling (like pierced on one side and not the other) gets to me.

a friend has said that her nose stud was real crusty on the inside as it was healing. yummmmm crusties.

i'm not sure she was keeping up with the cleaning routine as closely as recommended though.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 7:59 pm

UPDATE:

The piercing place can't take us tomorrow - they're too busy (which I hope means they are good). Evidently, you need an appointment. Kristina said we could go to one in Missouri, but that's far away from me. I want one close by in case I have to go back and have it repierced. I had to have my ears redone. So, I made an appointment for next Thurs at 3:30. That's probably better anyway - so I won't back out. :mrgreen:

Darn, I flunked.