Desperation, Science, Charlatans and Alternative Treatments

Page 7 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:15 am

Well, I close by saying that medical quackery in any form that it takes is absolutely harful an dangerous and should be dispelled immediately.

Sincerely,
longshot.

Can confirm the above quote .
Have seen and been victimized often by this quakery aswell . In several different fields , medically and even financially . And have suffered in unexpected ways in lifelong ways .That I had no intial knowedge of . Due to lack of experience and education that i was relying on the so called ,professionals to help with . 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:22 am

Jakki wrote:
Well, I close by saying that medical quackery in any form that it takes is absolutely harful an dangerous and should be dispelled immediately.

Sincerely,
longshot.

Can confirm the above quote .
Have seen and been victimized often by this quakery aswell . In several different fields , medically and even financially . And have suffered in unexpected ways in lifelong ways .That I had no intial knowedge of . Due to lack of experience and education that i was relying on the so called ,professionals to help with . 8O

Yes, such carries on to this vary day; which is why I'm not fond of religious persons, not all but some.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Mar 2023, 9:30 am

Fnord wrote:
There is no real vaccines/autism controversy. The evidence is in. The scientific community has reached a clear consensus that vaccines don’t cause autism. There is, however, a manufactured controversy created by junk science, dishonest researchers, professional misconduct, outright fraud, lies, misrepresentations, irresponsible reporting, unfortunate media publicity, poor judgment, misguided celebrities who think they are wiser than the whole of medical science, and a few maverick doctors who ought to know better.

Thousands of parents have been frightened into rejecting or delaying immunizations for their children. The immunization rate has dropped, resulting in the return of endemic measles in the U.K. and various outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases in the U.S. Herd immunity has been lost. The public health consequences are serious
and are likely to get worse before they get better -- a load of unscientific nonsense has put us all at risk.

I just did some low effort research and it seems the amount of mercury in vaccines exceeds fda guidelines.

25 micrograms of mercury per vaccine dose
5.8 micrograms per blood liter guideline
Someone with 3 liters of blood cannot have more than 17.4 micrograms of mercury

https://mercuryfactsandfish.org/mercury ... ence-dose/

Let me know if I made an error in my calculations.

Industry has a corporate conspiracy to ignore research that suggests aluminum toxicity. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for mercury related things also. If there's one thing you can count on in this world its that you can always count on bad actors putting profits above people. If you manage to prove me wrong about mercury then my next theory is what if aluminum has an effect on autism?

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 7:54 am

Apart from the 20% or so known genetic causes of autism the condition has never been subdivided.

So causes of the other 80% which will be split into an unknown number of pieces are as yet unknown.

This is why potential drug treatments always fail until they can subdivide each type of autism and research properly their causes and treatment paths the data will always remain unsafe and contaminated.

So until that happens we can’t write off anything too quickly or claim we know everything or even enough.

Truth is very little is known.

- George Bernie Shaw

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 7:33 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Industry has a corporate conspiracy . . .
You have now lost all credibility with me.

Anyone who cites off-the-wall 'research' posted in a third-rate tabloid website is no friend of mine, either.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2023, 7:40 am

Fnord wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:

Facts do not care about feelings. There are several obvious corporate conspiracies, the aluminum one which I mentioned earlier, there is/was also a fiberglass conspiracy to downplay the effects of fiberglass insulation, as well as a Tobacco conspiracy to the point where even medical doctors were recommending cigarettes'. Its naive to assume corporations actually have a soul and will use that soul to put people above profits, tell that to all the clothing manufactures that outsource to sweatshops.

We live in the same society that hid the cure to cancer for 40 years and you expect people to not believe in conspiracies "just because"? Why, because fakestream media and fake news shames conspiracies?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro8C75XykLo

Quote:
Anyone who cites off-the-wall 'research' posted in a third-rate tabloid website is no friend of mine, either.

Emotional blithering is not an argument... still waiting for an actual debate.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 8:19 am

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:

Facts do not care about feelings. There are several obvious corporate conspiracies, the aluminum one which I mentioned earlier, there is/was also a fiberglass conspiracy to downplay the effects of fiberglass insulation, as well as a Tobacco conspiracy to the point where even medical doctors were recommending cigarettes'. Its naive to assume corporations actually have a soul and will use that soul to put people above profits, tell that to all the clothing manufactures that outsource to sweatshops.

We live in the same society that hid the cure to cancer for 40 years and you expect people to not believe in conspiracies "just because"? Why, because fakestream media and fake news shames conspiracies?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro8C75XykLo

Quote:

Emotional blithering is not an argument... still waiting for an actual debate.

If all the conspiracies have some truth it will eventually come out as big Pharma loses its global power with the rise of China.

Can’t see the Chinese caring too much about the US health care lobby in how they treat their 1.4 billion population

- George Bernie Shaw

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 11:00 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Well, that's liberty: people have a right to embrace irrationality, preach it, not give a crap about collective problems and ardently profess their rebellion against those who try to curtail their freedom in the name of science or the common good (like herd immunity).

And this is why it's so dangerous to allow so much of the media to consolidate. You then get amateurs trying to fill the void as best they can, but there are varying levels of competence and even when they are competent and acting in good faith, they don't have the resources to do watergate scale investigations. Much of it is combing through other people's work to find out where the important bits of information have been hidden.

In the past there was competition to get a news report out before anybody else and to break the biggest news stories. These days, with so much of the media owned by the same people, there's far less of an incentive to do anything that's going to rock the boat and there isn't necessarily a need to in order to remain in business.

If the information is all coming from the same source, this kind of tribalism is far easier to maintain. But, if you've got a half dozen different major outlets on both sides, it's harder for that to develop.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 11:02 am

Texas family travels to New York for life-changing autism treatment

Quote:
A family from Texas is spending two weeks in New York to give their son who has autism therapy they say isn't available near them.

The therapy that 10-year-old James DePauw will receive is all in thanks to a local nonprofit.
James DePauw was diagnosed with non-verbal autism. His mother, Laurie DePauw, describes her son as a “sweet, loving little boy.”

"Children that have these disabilities can engage in unusual behaviors or behaviors that aren't entirely helpful. It's a lot of having to keep close supervision from the child," Laurie DePauw said.

The two-week intensive therapy program at The Melillo Center for Developing Minds is being paid for by Watermark for Kids, a national nonprofit associated with Watermark Retirement Communities.

The therapy involves brain development and stimulation, a therapy Laurie DePauw says isn't available close to their family and will consist of 20 sessions.

His website
Shady as hell. This "center" is one office. You don't treat level 3 type autism in two weeks.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2023, 9:02 am

Florida man, 3 sons convicted of selling bleach as fake COVID-19 cure: "Snake-oil salesmen"

Quote:
Four members of a Florida family were convicted Wednesday of selling a toxic industrial bleach as a fake COVID-19 cure through their online church.

A federal jury in Miami found Mark Grenon, 65, and his sons, 37-year-old Jonathan, 35-year-old Joseph and 29-year-old Jordan, guilty of conspiring to defraud the United States and deliver misbranded drugs, according to court records. That charge carries up to five years in prison. Their sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 6.

The Grenons represented themselves but declined to speak during the two-day trial, the Miami Herald reported. After the jury delivered its verdict, Joseph Grenon said they would be appealing.

Prosecutors called the Grenons "con men" and "snake-oil salesmen" and said the family's Genesis II Church of Health and Healing sold $1 million worth of their so-called Miracle Mineral Solution, distributing it to tens of thousands of people nationwide. In videos, the solution was sold as a cure for 95% of known diseases, including COVID-19, Alzheimer's, autism, brain cancer, HIV/AIDS and multiple sclerosis, prosecutors said.

What the Grenons were selling was actually chlorine dioxide, officials said. When ingested, the solution becomes a bleach that is typically used for such things as treating textiles, industrial water, pulp and paper, according to the Food and Drug Administration, which warned drinking it could cause dangerous side effects like severe vomiting, diarrhea, and life-threatening low blood pressure. Authorities said it is the same as drinking bleach and can be fatal.

Authorities said in July 2022 that they had received reports of people requiring hospitalizations, developing life-threatening conditions, and even dying after drinking the solution.

A Miami federal judge ordered the church to stop selling the substance in 2020, but that was ignored.

Besides the fraud convictions, Jonathan and Jordan Grenon were also convicted of violating federal court orders requiring them to stop selling Miracle Mineral Solution in 2020. U.S. authorities agreed to drop those same contempt charges against Mark and Joseph Grenon as a condition of their extradition from Colombia.

In the indictment charging the family members, authorities alleged that they were using Genesis II Church of Health and Healing, an entity they described as a "non-religious church," to avoid government regulation of the solution and to protect themselves from prosecution. The mineral solution could only be acquired through a "donation" to the church, but donation amounts were set at specific dollar amounts and were mandatory, the indictment said.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2023, 12:43 pm

I'm going to start bottling water from my well and selling it as a cure for autism.

Yes, it'll make me a sh***y con artist, but since it's not poison I'll still be above average as far as autism quacks go.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う