Question about the 'friendzone'

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 5:36 am

So this is just a random question about the supposed friendzone

If the guy is fully aware that the girl has boyfriend, is the girl still putting him in the friendzone?

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2016, 5:40 am

Depends on the girls disposition. And what she, as an individual choose to do.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 6:17 am

I don't tend to chase girls who aren't single so it doesn't really apply. I don't get strung along with disingenuous flirting in hopes of getting anywhere only to be used for gifts or emotional support by people already in relationships.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 8:46 am

It depends on what the guy thinks.
If you are referring to the "friendzone *tm", then yes, she is.

For some people, simply being nice to a girl all but forces her to at least have sex with him, or go on a date or something; not doing so puts him in the 'friendzone', and makes the girl a 'prude', 'b***h' or similar terms.

Personally, i don't believe that the friendzone is a thing, since i do not believe that anything puts a girl in the situation where she *has to* have sex with a guy, which removes the premise.
I am also a strong believer of the possibility of men and women being "just friends", without any tension from either end; many of my good friends are female, and i don't want to have sex with them (or, at least, that is not why i am friends with them, and i am perfectly happy with that situation).

to answer the opening question: i'd say "no, and if he disagrees, be careful around him"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 8:56 am

Hi Alliekat....long time no see

As for your topic:

I would say it depends upon the specific context.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 10:14 am

Say the girl had made the guy fully aware she has a boyfriend but still hangs out with the guy as a friend.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 10:32 am

I don't see it as a 'friendzone" type of situation, really, though the guy whom she's friends with might be frustrated by the fact that he is not her lover.

I don't see it as placing the guy in the "friendzone." Unless she explicitly precludes the guy from ever being a potential lover in the future.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Sep 2016, 10:47 am

It would depend on the people involved and the nature of their friendship, I think 'friendzone' has more implications than just some platonic friendship with a man. I would not say somebody that is your friend that is also in a relationship while remaining friends with you is in the friendzone, I would only say it is the friendzone if you purposely manipulated his feelings for you to your benefit which I doubt you're are doing. I don't think friendzone is a genuine friendship.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 12:12 pm

I have no problem having opposite-sex friends who are in relationships, per se. However, I don't talk to them as much as I would someone who isn't attached, because I often don't know if their SO is the jealous, insecure type (unless I know that person of course).

It has nothing to do with them being attached. But if it's someone I had been pursuing, prior to me finding out about their new guy, I may not be friends with them, especially if I felt an emotional attachment to them, because I feel it would hurt too much to continue a friendship.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 11:54 pm

How long did you talk with the guy before telling him?

I talked a lot for weeks with a girl from dating site before she told me id say she friendZone me. She let my feeing grow for her which I wouldn't have if I'd known.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 4:21 am

Say she told him very soon that she had a boyfriend but he still chose to spoil her. Is it her responsibility to get him to stop? Or is it his because he is already fully aware she is in a relationship.

By the way this is hypothetical due to an article I have been reading. I have guy friends but none that spoil me hahaha

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2016, 4:31 am

^^ I would feel it is up to her to tell him to stop. Since she is in the position of enjoying what he does or not.

And if I was your guy friend Alliekit, id spoil you rotten. :wink:

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 4:33 am

TheForeverMan wrote:
^^ I would feel it is up to her to tell him to stop. Since she is in the position of enjoying what he does or not.

And if I was your guy friend Alliekit, id spoil you rotten. :wink:

But then I'd have to tell you not to hahaha

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2016, 4:34 am

Alliekit wrote:

Ah, that is true. But I would appreciate that. That sort of assertiveness is hard to find in my experience.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 4:38 am

TheForeverMan wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

Ah, that is true. But I would appreciate that. That sort of assertiveness is hard to find in my experience.

I have found that many men are put off by assertiveness. Perhaps that's why women avoid it?

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2016, 4:40 am

Alliekit wrote:

I have found that many men are put off by assertiveness. Perhaps that's why women avoid it?

Really? No wonder Im unattractive lol.

I like women who are assertive.