Which video game company do you prefer? Nintendo or Sony?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Berrylicious
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Sep 2016, 9:07 am

If you could pick a video game you would like to play, what do you prefer?

noumena
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Sep 2016, 6:18 am

They both have good exclusives, it would depend on what I felt like playing at that moment.

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2016, 6:25 am

SEGA!! !!.

Sorry, Im stuck in 1993.

Berrylicious
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Sep 2016, 12:43 pm

How are you stuck in 1993? Sega's gone 15 years ago but you could pretend you went back in time.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 1:29 pm

Good ol' Nintendo. Most other game companies think only 18-year-old guys ravaged by testosterone play video games, so most of their games are Rated M for Male. They think only small children like E-rated games. That's like saying only teenagers like T-rated games. :roll:

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 12:36 pm

Sony because most Nintendo games are aimed for an audience of little kids, not adults.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 10:45 pm

Noca wrote:
Sony because most Nintendo games are aimed for an audience of little kids, not adults.

Hey! :evil: I like every Nintendo series, (exept Pikmin and Mario, I only like MarioKart playing as Peach.) I like Sonic wayyy better, and nowdays, Sonic counts as a Nintendo series. Gotta go fast! 8)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 7:44 am

Nintendo all the way! I love Zelda and Mario games.

hawkeye10
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Sep 2016, 2:52 pm

All-around I have to go with Sony, although I LOVE the smash and pokemon series from nintendo.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Sep 2016, 4:30 pm

Definitely Sony. Nintendo refuses to innovate and gives you the same games over and over. Another Zelda, another Mario and the graphics never measure up. They have the nostalgia market cornered. Some people really do want to play the game they played when they were 7. I had an original Nintendo as a kid and back then in the early 90's it was the system to have. But Sega came along and sold itself as the big kid system. I moved on to them because I wanted to be a big kid. After that came the PS1 and during that time the N64 was boring. No games at all to play besides Golden eye that interested me. I now have a PS4 so I guess Sony has my brand loyalty.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2016, 9:23 am

I go with Nintendo, even though Sony does have great games. However to be honest- most of the stuff for my PS3 and PS4 are on PC or a Xbox as well. Sony puts out quality systems, and I would rather play games on a console, not a PC.

Mr_Miner wrote:
Definitely Sony. Nintendo refuses to innovate and gives you the same games over and over. Another Zelda, another Mario and the graphics never measure up. They have the nostalgia market cornered. Some people really do want to play the game they played when they were 7. I had an original Nintendo as a kid and back then in the early 90's it was the system to have. But Sega came along and sold itself as the big kid system. I moved on to them because I wanted to be a big kid. After that came the PS1 and during that time the N64 was boring. No games at all to play besides Golden eye that interested me. I now have a PS4 so I guess Sony has my brand loyalty.

Lots of Mario and Zelda games, but guess what? There's been lots of Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, sports games and so on. A big reason Mario and Zelda have so many games- they have been around much longer than most things in gaming! Nintendo has innovated a lot- but guess what? Fans don't buy the new series, so Nintendo sticks with what works- Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and so on. In my view- if its not broken, don't fix it. The system doesn't need so-called "adult" games that are literally just shoot things 1000000 times and repeat. I'm not trying to bash violent games completely- because I do play some. But the shooter genre (as well as many violent games in genreal) itself is repetitive and has been for a long long time.

When it comes to exclusives- Nintendo generally always has the edge. Almost every quality game this generation (heck.. even a lot of last gen) is for multiple systems and PC. Sony and Microsoft don't have many exclusives overall and probably never will.

I also want to point out the ignorance people still say "Nintendo is for kids only" (as mentioned earlier in the topic) when its not. People just assume "violence = mature, E rated = for kids". Many many adults play Mario still. Many many kids play the violent games. So it's just wrong to stereotype like that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Oct 2016, 3:10 pm

Nintendo. I have a duel system that plays original & super Nintendo games & I also have the 64. I also play Pokemon Yellow on my comp with en emulator. I have a Sega Genesis & a PS2 but I don't play many games for those systems. We have an xBox 360 & the One & lots of games that were made for the Playstation are also made for xBox.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition