Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

faxe_
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2016, 3:48 pm

I am kidding with that subject heading but I do love this site's name. My whole life I have either felt like an alien studying human beings, or like I am the only real human and I'm surrounded by aliens. Sometimes, replace "alien" with "robot." Anyway, I harbor no beliefs that I actually am an alien or a robot, or that anyone else is... although I sure love sci fi that features those things. Um, so. I'm someone who has not received a formal autism spectrum diagnosis but who's definitely neurodivergent, and with my therapist (maybe soon with a neurologist) I've been exploring the right way to summarize my combination of social/sensory/motor/linguistic "quirks," plus how to cope with the ones that a neurotypically-oriented society does not seem to accommodate (or that just personally frustrate me because of their effects). I am not ashamed to be how I am, though I'm still trying to figure out when/how/why to tell more people in my life that there's a pattern to all the behaviors that they might consider unusual.

This is a terrible self-intro, but anything else I could write would be too long. So just. Hi.

Pronouns: I have some that I like, but right here I would rather nobody use any pronouns for me at all, if you can possibly avoid it.

ChorisOnoma
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Sep 2016, 4:00 pm

Welcome faxe_ :)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 4:53 pm

Welcome! Yes, I too sometimes have felt like an alien.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 7:11 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 2:33 pm

Hey faxe_ welcome. :sunny:

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 8:28 pm

Ah... the Lament Configuration... wonderful

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 10:20 pm

Welcome fellow cosmic conundrum, I hope you continue your journey toward a greater understanding of your internal clockwork and find the right support, I'm glad you have an understanding therapist.

faxe_
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2016, 8:01 pm

beakybird wrote:
Ah... the Lament Configuration... wonderful

Just watched that movie (you know, the first one... THE one) the other night, it's the most wonderful time of the year.

Pronouns: I have some that I like, but right here I would rather nobody use any pronouns for me at all, if you can possibly avoid it.

Quiet Water
Raven
Raven

17 Oct 2016, 5:57 pm

*reads faxe_'s sig, again*

Welcome, indeed! I usually lean more towards fantasy than SF, myself, but Le Guin is one of the few I've found who writes both wonderfully (as in: I wonder whether either or both of her collections about to be published have enough shorties I haven't read yet that I ought to put them on my holiday wish list...)