Any Trip Hop and other related genre fans? Please Share!

Page 15 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 2:47 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2020, 2:51 pm

I'm back to revive this thread.
Anyway I've recently been listening to Faye Wong and her album Fable has a very interesting take on trip hop by combining it with Buddhist elements. I hope I can find more trip hop with East Asian Folk elements. It makes me feel like I'm on a very mystical and somewhat dark journey.

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 7:37 am

Some trippy ones

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2020, 2:37 pm

pyrrhicwren wrote:

Some trippy ones

I saw Prefuse 73 album in a record store I frequented I found his style to be too weird for my taste. It feels like sounds just mashed together.
I do like this song from him that features MF DOOM and Aesop Rock

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 6:22 am

SnailHail wrote:
pyrrhicwren wrote:

Some trippy ones

I saw Prefuse 73 album in a record store I frequented I found his style to be too weird for my taste. It feels like sounds just mashed together.
I do like this song from him that features MF DOOM and Aesop Rock

e x c e l l e n t
t a s t e !

ArnoldWilder
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jun 2020, 3:42 pm

Second favorite Trip Hop artist would be Unkle. Their music has a dark feeling and it also kinda sounds like aliens made it. Tricky would be my 3rd favorite, his songs also have that dark feel and his cover on Public Enemy's Black Steel makes me see the song a whole lot differently. Morcheeba is a distant 4th it doesn't have that dark feeling in most of their songs but still pretty relaxing.Sneaker Pimps is alright, I really like Becoming X and Low Place Like Home.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2020, 10:58 pm

I recently bought Lamb's debut album for my birthday. Trip Hop and Drum & Bass is such a great combo. The song Zero is said to be about the singer Lou Rhode's miscarriage. That makes it sound a little too dark for me to enjoy it despite how good it is and she was able to successfully have a kid afterwards.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 6:29 pm

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2021, 3:44 am

I've been scrolling through Discogs and found a seller with a bunch of albums I like and found this Depeche Mode album named Exciter. I've heard of them before but never bothered listened to them since I figured they wouldn't have anything I like, fortunate to discover they have an album with downtempo elements.

I really like Freelove

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2021, 8:38 pm

I just discovered this thread :heart: thanks snailhail for creating it. I didn't know what you meant by trip hop at first (I'm bad with genre names) but as soon as I saw unkle and Rob Dougan I got it. :D it's the kind of music I listen to when I have a bad migraine.

I'll definitely be checking out y'alls suggestions I haven't heard of before over the next few days!

I'll post a few, hope y'all like em. If they're already posted sorry, I haven't looked through the whole thread yet. :P

First Depeche mode always makes me want to listen to new order and vice versa so:

I know Florence and the machine isn't really in this genre but this song totally fits the dark and eerie stuff I like. And her voice is gorgeous!

And last for now is Maala. I've been listening to this a lot lately:

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2021, 9:14 pm

Spunge42 wrote:
I just discovered this thread :heart: thanks snailhail for creating it. I didn't know what you meant by trip hop at first (I'm bad with genre names) but as soon as I saw unkle and Rob Dougan I got it. :D it's the kind of music I listen to when I have a bad migraine.

I'll definitely be checking out y'alls suggestions I haven't heard of before over the next few days!

I'll post a few, hope y'all like em. If they're already posted sorry, I haven't looked through the whole thread yet. :P

First Depeche mode always makes me want to listen to new order and vice versa so:

I know Florence and the machine isn't really in this genre but this song totally fits the dark and eerie stuff I like. And her voice is gorgeous!

And last for now is Maala. I've been listening to this a lot lately:

I hope you enjoy what has been shared in the thread so far.
Nice shares I'll definitely check out New Order.
I never heard of Florence but I did hear here song Dog Days Are Over a lot. Didn't think she was capable of making a song like that. You're right her voice is gorgeous.

Anyway I discovered this artist named Towa Tei while looking through Discogs. I'm glad to have found a Japanese artist similar to Cibo Matto in sound/genres. I was surprised to find out he even has Miho Hatori featured in some songs.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2021, 11:43 pm

Snailhail: I listened to a number of songs so far on here. I'd never heard of Archive before and I'm really liking what I've heard so far. And I enjoyed the songs you posted by Faye Wong.

Here's a song I hope y'all enjoy that I think fits here by Young Fathers

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2021, 3:00 pm

Spunge42 wrote:
Snailhail: I listened to a number of songs so far on here. I'd never heard of Archive before and I'm really liking what I've heard so far. And I enjoyed the songs you posted by Faye Wong.

Here's a song I hope y'all enjoy that I think fits here by Young Fathers

Nice find the song also features a member of Massive Attack, 3D also known as Robert Del Naja. I just discovered this artist name Poe she's got a nice mix of trip hop and rock.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2021, 10:54 am

Found this Japanese hip hop instrumentalist named DJ Krush. His music has the East Asian folk vibes I craved after listening to Faye Wong. Here is a one hour session he did last month.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2021, 4:04 pm

SnailHail wrote:

Nice find the song also features a member of Massive Attack, 3D also known as Robert Del Naja. I just discovered this artist name Poe she's got a nice mix of trip hop and rock

Poe brings back memories! I haven't listened to her in years. One of her albums goes along with her brother's book The House of Leaves I think its called(its been awhile since I read it) It's a cool artist collaboration.

I haven't been on here in awhile, I've had a surge of really bad migraines coupled with sensory overload and curling up with my giant furbaby Appa and listening to music is one of the few things that get me through it. Usually I listen to stuff like Hammock, Tony Anderson, Oleg Byonic etc when I'm in that state. But lately I've been listening to Haelos. They have a nice dark trippy feel. I'll post a couple of their songs and a couple others from my migraine mix :D

There's an UNKLE remix of the song Dust too.

This is one of my favorite a perfect circle songs. Maynard and Billy Howerdel's voices are beautiful together.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2021, 1:52 pm

Spunge42 wrote:
SnailHail wrote:

Nice find the song also features a member of Massive Attack, 3D also known as Robert Del Naja. I just discovered this artist name Poe she's got a nice mix of trip hop and rock

Poe brings back memories! I haven't listened to her in years. One of her albums goes along with her brother's book The House of Leaves I think its called(its been awhile since I read it) It's a cool artist collaboration.

I haven't been on here in awhile, I've had a surge of really bad migraines coupled with sensory overload and curling up with my giant furbaby Appa and listening to music is one of the few things that get me through it. Usually I listen to stuff like Hammock, Tony Anderson, Oleg Byonic etc when I'm in that state. But lately I've been listening to Haelos. They have a nice dark trippy feel. I'll post a couple of their songs and a couple others from my migraine mix :D

There's an UNKLE remix of the song Dust too.

This is one of my favorite a perfect circle songs. Maynard and Billy Howerdel's voices are beautiful together.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having migraines. Nice finds I really like the Haelos and A Perfect Circle songs. I'm recently finding out that I've actually listened to Poe before I found her album Hello. She collaborated with Conjure One on their self titled album which I own and their second album. Her song Haunted was used in the ending credits of Blair Witch Project 2 which I saw for the first time 6 months ago.

It was my birthday last week and I splurged on a bunch of albums for myself. I bought Morcheeba's newest album Blackest Blue that came out this year along with some of their older ones. I've been falling down the Morcheeba rabbit hole.

Here are the Conjure One songs that feature Poe