Page 7 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 8:28 pm

androbot01 wrote:
AspE wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Is he a street photography artist or is he a deviant - who knows? It doesn't matter. And obviously he was assaulted. That's not the issue either. His behaviour was inappropriate and invasive. He may be coddled and told he did nothing wrong, but hopefully the incident will stick with him and he'll think better next time.

His behavior was legal and appropriate for a person in public where people take pictures of other people. Those attackers will go to jail.

You're mixing up legal with acceptable. It was certainly neither appropriate nor acceptable. If they ever catch the couple, I doubt they would go to jail. Perhaps you are overzealous in your defense of the kid. Honestly, do you really think that letting a kid sit in a parked car to take pictures of random people is a good idea?

Taking pictures of people in public areas is socially appropriate (at least where I live, and I suppose it quite likely is where he was to). Plenty of photographers take pictures of people in public and don't get treated as deviants.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2016, 11:03 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Jute wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jute wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
It is probably more you cannot call people on here fa***ts as an attempt to insult/flame them, if you're talking about a savory meat dish I am sure people wouldn't be upset about it or worry too much about censoring your post.

Try typing Fag-got here without the hyphen.

I just did that in the last post and nothing happened...so still convinced its insulting people with the term that would raise problems.

In some places cigarettes are called fags.

Actually you wrote fa***ts (plural)... try typing fag-got (singular) without the hyphen.

hmm alright guess you're right about that bit, however does this savory meat dish you are talking about include a hyphen or not?

No, there's no hyphen...

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 11:12 am

yelekam wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
AspE wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Is he a street photography artist or is he a deviant - who knows? It doesn't matter. And obviously he was assaulted. That's not the issue either. His behaviour was inappropriate and invasive. He may be coddled and told he did nothing wrong, but hopefully the incident will stick with him and he'll think better next time.

Taking pictures of people in public areas is socially appropriate (at least where I live, and I suppose it quite likely is where he was to). Plenty of photographers take pictures of people in public and don't get treated as deviants.

If he's a street photography artist, he'd better get people's permission before he goes submitting any photos containing their images to art galleries, museums, etc. ... or selling the photos.

Different areas of the world may have different laws on this. A smart (and ethical) photographer will look into these laws and obey them.

That said, as an artist who does photography, I always ask permission if I want to take someone's photo. A slight exception being when I recently was asked to cover an art show by a gallery owner and given permission by the owner to take general shots of the crowd as well as candid shots of the people attending.

And normally, when I try to get the perfect landscape scene ... I end up Photoshopping any stray people out entirely.