Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Should Mods Delete and Edit Members Posts If They Don't Approve Of Them?
Yes 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
No 64%  64%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 14

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 10:10 am

Should Mods delete and edit members posts if they don't approve of them?

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 10:13 am

If it is against the rules then yes. But not just if they don't personally approve of it.
But it should probably be made clear if a post has been left there but edited or something.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 10:17 am

of course i voted no, but i have posts deleted regularly

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 10:18 am

this thread will be locked or deleted soon
i would bet on that if anyone wants a bit of a flutter

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 10:22 am

If there's a good reason for removing it (abusive, racist, harassment or things of that nature) then do so. By the same token it must never be the prerogative of moderators to remove arguments and members they don't particularly like or agree with. If there isn't some light-touch policing here the community will fall victim to the wolves.

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 10:28 am

It all depends on the content of the post. In the past, I have said "becareful what you write as young people are also here".
And there are other sites for varied topics.

But I vote both yes and no. Meaning mods may go crazy deleting posts that they don't personally like but aren't really objectionable.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 10:51 am

Opps i voted yes instead of no :oops:

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 11:23 am

Tequila wrote:
If there's a good reason for removing it (abusive, racist, harassment or things of that nature) then do so. By the same token it must never be the prerogative of moderators to remove arguments and members they don't particularly like or agree with. If there isn't some light-touch policing here the community will fall victim to the wolves.

Agree with all of the above.Alex appointed moderators to help get rid of the spammers and abusive flame wars....if you abuse the "priviledge" they should lose the ability to mod.I think it would be good to remember that there are people on the spectrum who have poorer social skills and trying to learn them here,how will they do that if they are being banned and attacked by others?This should be based on the "rules of the foruem" and not personal vendettas or peple trying to play god.

I think some people also need to grow a thicker skin and this can be a good place to practice not letting other people control your emotions......they only have the power to effect you if you give them that power.Some times it is better to ignore the personal insults and just tell yourself....."they are ignorant,maybe they will out-grow it someday"instead of internalizing every
insult and whinning about it.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 11:26 am

As to the above....that doesnt exclude people who just like to post something "shocking" to get attention,troll or test the boundaries...(something many 4 year old do),I have no problem with editting these type of posts but confer with other mods before doing so because I know I am not always "objective" and need others feedback.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 11:31 am

yes, i know what you mean. Sometimes i do not know what clothes to put on in the morning.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 12:15 pm

Kosmonaut wrote:
yes, i know what you mean. Sometimes i do not know what clothes to put on in the morning.

Just do what I do and wear PJ's all the time,saves on laundry bills(change when you can smell yourself),thats my rule and I'm sticking to it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 12:51 pm

You're not going to delete my 'Friggin In The Riggin' video, are you?

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 1:01 pm

Where is it,I want to see it,sounds interesting.......I wouldnt delete something with sexual content....just move it to the Adult section,to not offend the parents who dont want young kids to see it.Same with extream violence,I suppose.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 1:15 pm

Is it The Good Ship Venus? It's a bawdy British drinking song. Be warned; it's not for the kiddies as the song has some rather lewd sexual innuendos.

Last edited by Tequila on 09 May 2007, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 1:17 pm

Tequila wrote:
Is it The Good Ship Venus? It's a bawdy British drinking song. Be warned: it's not for the kiddies as the song has come rather lewd sexual innuendos.

It is The Good Ship Venus. How about I just leave the video posted where it is, and let's say that I've learned my lesson for the future. :)

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 1:21 pm

The thing about "inuendo" is it only makes sense if you already know about sex(and understand analogies,puns,etc)At worst the kids would ask their parents what%&(&^(&*^ means or sing the lyrics at school without realizing what they are snging is "dirty"...guess that could cause some problems.....hummmmm