Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 1:23 am

I'm tired a lot and have headaches most days
I also have trouble sleeping.

I slept for 11 hours and woke tired
Every day I work I have headaches and last two days I work I took pain pills but still had headaches two hours later so take more.
Only been up 12 hours and I'm feeling tired

Could it be hiv or anxiety or something else? Seems fatigue and headach are symptoms of lot of things

I had that once horrible sex experience back in December 2015 and tested clean exactly 4 months later but I still anxious about it. Wish I'd never had sex with that lady. Feel tricked and anxious

ChorisOnoma
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Sep 2016, 2:07 am

sly279 wrote:
I'm tired a lot and have headaches most days
I also have trouble sleeping.

I slept for 11 hours and woke tired
Every day I work I have headaches and last two days I work I took pain pills but still had headaches two hours later so take more.
Only been up 12 hours and I'm feeling tired

Could it be hiv or anxiety or something else? Seems fatigue and headach are symptoms of lot of things

I had that once horrible sex experience back in December 2015 and tested clean exactly 4 months later but I still anxious about it. Wish I'd never had sex with that lady. Feel tricked and anxious
I am sure you can rule out HIV, sly, really. If you tested negative 4 months after the encounter, then you are HIV-negative. Take it from someone who used to work with HIV prevention/information in the late 80's and early 90's.

It is most likely something harmless and benign, like you being physically stressed out, or a precursor to a simple cold/flu. If it has been like this for more than a week, it might be worth it to let a doctor check you out.
But I wouldnt worry. Truly. :heart:

HelloSweetie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Sep 2016, 2:27 am

Sweetie you just seems anxious a lot. That would run out any of us here. If I am anxious I either sleep too little or too much.

What do you do lifestyle wise? Diet, exercise, sleeping hygiene, mindfulness/meditation/yoga, sensory tools etc.

(sorry if I didn't read all your posts where you might have explained this already)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 2:55 am

Seditive and my diet consist of cheap food and hardly any fruits or veggies since v8 went up and my food allowance went down.
I walk a bit to get to. Bus and then to work and then around work and lift stuf and such.
I sometimes do deep breathing and closed eyes when I'm super anxious near attack stage or feel like crying in public.

HelloSweetie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Sep 2016, 3:07 am

sly279 wrote:
Seditive and my diet consist of cheap food and hardly any fruits or veggies since v8 went up and my food allowance went down.
I walk a bit to get to. Bus and then to work and then around work and lift stuf and such.
I sometimes do deep breathing and closed eyes when I'm super anxious near attack stage or feel like crying in public.

Imho you could expand this. Healthy foods don't need to be expensive. And walking is free.
If you can incorporate a bit more in your daily routines this could offer relief.

What are your sensory tools?
Do you keep an anxiety journal?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 3:10 am

sly279 wrote:

I am curious as to what was wrong with it?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 3:41 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Imho you could expand this. Healthy foods don't need to be expensive. And walking is free.
If you can incorporate a bit more in your daily routines this could offer relief.

What are your sensory tools?
Do you keep an anxiety journal?

I use to wak more when I had friends , I'm too anxious to walk alone. If I had s gf I'd be nice to take hour wak a day together. I enjoy the walking and talking.

Forgot for hygiene
I shower usually every other day, shave daily and brush teeth 1-3 times a day time provided.

What are sensory tools and anxiety journal?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 3:43 am

auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I am curious as to what was wrong with it?

I'm not as comfortable sharing publicly anymore as I once was. You can pm me if you want to know or it in one of my threads from back then.

inregret it in part cause I feel tricked and lied to. I probably wouldn't done it otherwise as I didn't and don't want one night stands but I was and am naive though little less so now :cry:

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 3:55 am

I'm really sorry to hear you had a bad experience :'( I wonder if perhaps you are oversleeping, that can cause the headaches and tiredness. Sleeping for more than 9 hours can contribute.

HelloSweetie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Sep 2016, 10:10 am

Sorry to hear about that bad experience Sly, hugs!

sly279 wrote:
What are sensory tools and anxiety journal?

Sensory tools are basically stuff you can either buy or make to complement stimming or any way to soothe yourself and your senses. The goal is to manage your levels of anxiety. Depending on which of your senses are either getting under- or overloaded you can experiment. I like this video on it:

An anxiety journal is basically any kind of way to keep track of your anxiety levels. Mostly in numbers from 0 to 10. But some people prefer colors or sounds or whatever. In our Aspie family we all use the SAM app (Self-help anxiety management free via Google Play Store). But there are many kinds so just have a look and see what fits you. A paper notebook can work just fine.
The goal is to gather some insight into anxiety including behavior, thoughts, how, what & where. This is a basic CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) technique that can help you work towards your strengths by increasing relaxation.

As for hygiene I meant sleep hygiene. Basically what is your bedtime routine or sleeping patterns: what do you do before going to sleep? The same as with anxiety, it's all about gathering data on what you do exactly and how.
The goal is that insight will eventually help you to decide if you would like to continue doing the same things or maybe try something else.

Here is a video for you

hth

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 10:12 am

C'mon, Sly--HIV? WTF?

It sounds like you're having anxiety to me. Go for a checkup. You're on SSI, you're probably on Medicaid.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 10:19 am

I'm sorry to hear that; you probably should try to get a check-over with a doctor just to rule out things, if that's possible. Feeling tired and fatigued isn't surprising if your sleep quality is not good; the headaches are a bit more of a mystery, but then again, sometimes I wake up with a headache just from sleeping in an awkward head position on my pillows.

That's another thing it might be as simple as -- sometimes if one's mattress and pillows aren't comfortable or compatible with you, you get such bad quality of sleep that you can wake up un-rested and tired. Sometimes even just a new mattress can transform the kind of sleep you're getting and thus the quality of your energy in the day that follows.

Ruling out that, still if you can get to see the doc, it's best to at least run it all by them just to make sure of what's going on.

If you have a problem with something I post, something I believe, something I do or say, something in my sig, or something I am stupid enough to share that I'm struggling with and being caused pain by -- TELL ME TO MY FACE so that I can defend myself, instead of see you make a mockery of or a dig about it later.

On the other hand, friends will never need an explanation, and enemies bent on disliking me will never accept one.

ASD Level 1, PTSD. Plus anxiety with panic attacks, mild sub-clinical situational depression -- and a massive case of sheer freakin' BURNOUT.

~ ~ ~

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 5:15 am

Depression by itself can cause all kinds of physical issues.

Private Idaho
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2016, 6:28 am

I agree you should go to your doctor for standard blood and urine tests to see if there is a physical cause. Then get evaluated for your headaches and anxiety. Anxiety, depression and being overwhelmed by life can certainly be crippling.
Your traumatic event could be the cause.

Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 8:29 am

Maybe you should have a sleep study. Medicaid covers it. Sleep apnea could be the cause of your tiredness, excessive sleeping, and headaches.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 8:30 am

Just make an appointment with a doctor. Get it checked out.