Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

11 Oct 2016, 10:10 pm

I don't get this. Most of the time, NTs blast out very loud RAP music from their car. Which in my opinion isn't music. I don't understand why they want to damage their hearing. They will get a reality check eventually when they fail a hearing test at age 50. At times, I wish they were cited/fined for this!

andromeda292
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Oct 2016, 10:48 pm

As far as people blasting loud music in their vehicles, it's probably one of those weird dominance things that young men tend to be obsessed with. I've never seen a woman, or a man over around 35-40, blasting music so loud that someone ten cars behind can clearly hear it. I could be wrong though, and they might just do it because they simply don't care if it's so loud that it hurts others' ears.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2016, 11:43 pm

What I hate is when the bass is so loud that you feel the vibrations in your body. That makes me feel sick after a while.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2016, 11:52 pm

A lot of 'consumer speakers' are actually 'bass speakers' and have the bass maxed out compared to the other sounds.

It sounds like rubbish to me and drowns out the wonderful treble.

The treble sounds are all the high pitched, airy and breathy sounds.

I listen to electronic, but not all electronic music is designed for bass to be emphasized, such as Trance music.

If you want an example of speakers that are more treble, listen to your phone's normal speakers. The bass is difficult to hear and drowned out by the high treble sounds.

Anyway, I've also noticed A LOT of car and consumer speakers are very low quality regarding sound quality. Plenty of distortion, audio artifacts, etc.

I don't enjoy super loud music.

I'm a musician and don't want to damage my ears.

When I listen to music I like I will turn it up a little, as in higher than what's needed to hear it, but still not too high to the point of giving me a headache.

When working on my music, I'll have the volume exactly what I need to hear and make-out each sound and to make sure everything sounds right. Nothing more, nothing less.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 12:22 am

marshall wrote:
beakybird wrote:
I gotta be honest... im a noise polluter... my music is always loud as s**t.... sorry guys :(

Whats funny is it really hurts my ears if its music i dont like... if its something i love i cant make it loud enough... like the tv being loud destroys my ears, yet chaotic math metal at full blast in my car sounds great and makes me wish i had a better car stereo... odd thing...

Well, most of the time when I'm talking about noise pollution it isn't metal. It's annoying oonse oonse oonse... you know, party music. It's some annoying singing over a repetitive electronic beat being blasted. I really don't get why people all over the world gobble it up.

I personally think that's a very broad genre/s you're talking about.

Do you personally see any difference in quality between these two, or are they both equally pop trash?

Both videos are set to start at the breakdown.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 12:37 am

Loud music drives me crazy. The beat when it's that loud, be it bass or treble, stabs my ears repeatedly. I hate the vibrations that music with a heavy bass creates in my head, ears and chest, especially while I'm driving, I think it's just inconsiderate and unnecessary. I too wish people would get pulled over and cited for disturbing the peace when they blast their music that loud, especially when they do it with the windows rolled down. If I really wanted to listen to their music, I'd have that station/CD on myself, I don't need their help.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 5:05 am

I never understood the pleasure of it. Just hurry away as fast as I can.