HOW TO HANDLE MY AUTISTIC TEEN THAT REFUSES TO GO TO SCHOOL

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Ken74089
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Sep 2016, 8:13 pm

EzraS wrote:
I have also been having really bad anxiety issues so far this year. Like you say, bad stomach ache. And I even go to a school for autism. I don't know what it is causing it other than generalized anxiety disorder, which I have been diagnosed with. For this year hybrid schooling had been set up for me. 4 days in the building and Friday online schooling. But I have had to stay home a few extra days and do things online. My dad would never punish me for this. But he is strict and firm with me overall in a positive way.

Thank you for this response. Sounds very similiar to my son with the GAD.

Ken74089
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Sep 2016, 8:20 pm

Thank you everyone for taking the time to comment to me. Thank you to the teenagers who also commented. I wont be punishing him because i know he cant help what is going on. But i have some great ideas and did some good research to help me.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 9:22 pm

Ken74089 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I have also been having really bad anxiety issues so far this year. Like you say, bad stomach ache. And I even go to a school for autism. I don't know what it is causing it other than generalized anxiety disorder, which I have been diagnosed with. For this year hybrid schooling had been set up for me. 4 days in the building and Friday online schooling. But I have had to stay home a few extra days and do things online. My dad would never punish me for this. But he is strict and firm with me overall in a positive way.

Thank you for this response. Sounds very similar to my son with the GAD.

Did it suddenly flare up as starting school got near? That's what happened to me. I don't really have a problem with my school situation itself. But for some reason the anxiety is very persistent. I'm hoping it will just wear off.