Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sarroura 159753
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2016, 1:06 pm

when i was a child i used to live in my head . didn't need people to talk to , i didn't need to talk at all. the only thing i wanted to do was to be. to watch what's happening around me and to connect the sounds with the images , for exemple if i saw a tree , i'd believe that the tree is making the music i'm hearing! thought the music is from somewhere else. i still do that and i don't know why . the problem with that is that it makes me detached from my body .that mean , i'm not able to play the violon for exemple , because if i do ,i'd be sad and uncomfortable. telling myself , this is not my passion ,it's for people who are devoted to music and violon . and it's in everyhting i do , i mean i refuse to dance , or even to study , i'm confused when doing so. i'm not interested in any field .the only activity i'd like to do is to sit by myself and be an observer. now i know it's kind of a good thing but it's like a disability . it's like i'm passionate but my passion won't come out .it can't be visible in any art ! what's wrong with me ? does anybody knows ?

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 1:24 pm

sarroura 159753 wrote:
when i was a child i used to live in my head . didn't need people to talk to , i didn't need to talk at all. the only thing i wanted to do was to be. to watch what's happening around me and to connect the sounds with the images , for exemple if i saw a tree , i'd believe that the tree is making the music i'm hearing! thought the music is from somewhere else. i still do that and i don't know why . the problem with that is that it makes me detached from my body .that mean , i'm not able to play the violon for exemple , because if i do ,i'd be sad and uncomfortable. telling myself , this is not my passion ,it's for people who are devoted to music and violon . and it's in everyhting i do , i mean i refuse to dance , or even to study , i'm confused when doing so. i'm not interested in any field .the only activity i'd like to do is to sit by myself and be an observer. now i know it's kind of a good thing but it's like a disability . it's like i'm passionate but my passion won't come out .it can't be visible in any art ! what's wrong with me ? does anybody knows ?

Nothing is wrong with that. I love observing my surroundings. Especially people. There must, be something else. I gotta go might not be able to be on this weekend.

sarroura 159753
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2016, 1:29 pm

Pieplup wrote:
sarroura 159753 wrote:

Nothing is wrong with that. I love observing my surroundings. Especially people. There must, be something else. I gotta go might not be able to be on this weekend.

i know there's nothing wrong , but it's frustrating knowing that i have something to give to this world ,but i can't cause i didn't find something my passion or my talent. :(

fourcandles
Raven
Raven

30 Sep 2016, 2:45 pm

There's an idea I came across in my not-nearly-misspent-enough youth that conscious life is how the universe becomes aware of itself. In some people that manifests as a specific interest, but in some of us it's more passive, so we just observe rather than participate. It's kind of a monastic thing - to be in the world, and intensely aware of it, but always apart from it.

That's my excuse anyway :)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 3:37 pm

You seem very passionate and imaginative. Those two things will be expressed and contribute in some way even though you don't how yet.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 3:42 pm

For me, you're exotic. Are you from Tunisia?

Welcome to the Forums!

We need more people from other than the "First World."

sarroura 159753
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2016, 5:09 pm

fourcandles wrote:
There's an idea I came across in my not-nearly-misspent-enough youth that conscious life is how the universe becomes aware of itself. In some people that manifests as a specific interest, but in some of us it's more passive, so we just observe rather than participate. It's kind of a monastic thing - to be in the world, and intensely aware of it, but always apart from it.

That's my excuse anyway :)

thank you , i tried it many times but i have difficulties in believing in anything .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 5:15 pm

The best thing to do is to believe in the good around you, and try to assist in getting rid of the bad.

sarroura 159753
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2016, 5:19 pm

yes i'm from tunisia , thanks , but it sucks cause i never went to a psychiatrist , they think it's only for crazy people . i didn't get diagnosed too

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 5:20 pm

Do you go to University?

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 6:31 pm

i used to think i was awful at everything until i discovered an odd talent, im really good at stealth video games, im utter trash at basically everything else but not stealth games.......i mean really universe, out of all the useful things to be good at you pick stealth games? poor choice haha. so maybe yours is something like that within your area of interest, like im obsessed with video games, its all i talk about and do, but the only type of game im actually any good at is like 1 in 20. so maybe theres something there you haven't tried or you have tried it but not realised that your good at it yet, as i only noticed i was at stealth games when i noticed most other people when i watched them play were really poor at it compared to me.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 8:12 pm

I know how you feel. I was very passive too as a child. I am frequently passive still to this day. My favorite thing to do is just walk somewhere alone, exploring and stimming. I do have an interest in Braille right now, but it is restricted to translating what I see or hear into Braille in my mind.

I was so stressed when I had to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery in high school (a career exploration tool using aptitude tests and interest self-assessments) that I started crying in class. "What do I like doing? I don't know!" :cry:

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

Last edited by Knofskia on 30 Sep 2016, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 8:19 pm

Knofskia wrote:
I do have an interest in Braille right now, but it is restricted to translating what I see or hear into Braille in my mind.

That's an interesting skill/interest. Perhaps you could get a job as a cryptographer. (Or perhaps you already are one but can't tell us because it's Top Secret.) :D

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 8:34 pm

> I'm Not Good At Anything ! ! !

I sometimes feel that way, even though from the outside I look like I have skills and accomplishments of various kinds. But they never quite seem to be what anyone is looking for. :(

There Are Four Lights!

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 8:36 pm

Braille would not be very useful in cryptography, even a blind person could see what I wrote. :lol:

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 9:38 pm

My interest in Braille was discovered only recently. I have not given up on it becoming a passion, but I have not had good luck in the past; my previous interest in reading programming languages was useless because:
• I did not have the skills to translate practical ideas into computer language,
• or problem solve technical issues within the code.

Now that I think about it, most of my attempts at finding an interest that I can use has been prevented by the human aspect.