Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

mariiha
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 May 2007, 11:40 am

LostInSpace wrote:
I do like shopping online, especially since it's so easy to read reviews for things and compare prices.

Right! and delivered to your door, sometimes without delivery charges or taxes

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 11:41 am

shopping is bad here,too many overloads,too much choice,too many people and too many nasty young people.
When wearing eardefenders in stretford mall,they get nasty,does it matter what they are when it saves a person from cracking their skull on the wall from the noise.
Have also been shouted at with- "cockney b*****d" [not cockney-from manchester] and threatened by various young people in same place [stretford mall] for wearing an arsenal jersey.
get black cab taxi back from the mall every wednesday when have lot of shopping,but every one of them has had a problem with being asked either by am or support staff if the radio could be turned off due to the obvious.
would like to shop at night at the ASDA in trafford park, it is quiet then and does not seem to be full of bad idiots like streford mall can be, but the home does not have its own car,and buses are bad? to get,especially from here/chortlon.

A nice shop for am is something like amazon or ebay,sister lets me look at what am want on her computer,she orders it.
Like how ebay sells good hard to find things such as nfl jerseys,lucky charms cereal,jolt cola,or rare computer games,amazons' market place is good for ebay like buying to [cant think of how?/what? to call it].
Best for food is sainsburys in sale when kids are not around.

Jimbogf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2007, 7:36 pm

Shopping sucks, too many people, too many items, too many workers asking "may I help you?" "can I help you find something?" etc. I try to be considerate back, but it seems to always fail, it is a pain in the butt. Too much.

Once I went to Wal-Mart on the weekend, omg BAD IDEA lol It took me a while to recover after that.

I always make sure I know what I'm getting and where it might be located in the store. Quicker I'm done shopping the better.

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2007, 3:32 am

scrulie wrote:
I'd be happy to shop if I was the only person in the shop.

Agreed. I don't like the shop assistants, the other people, the too-loud music. It would help if the clothes were neatly ordered too. Like a section for every colour, one for each different style or something like that.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 3:44 am

I am not going to my local Sainsbury's any more (except to quickly see if they have any cheap green tops :lol: ). I went in the other day and EVERY MINUTE there was a deafening, distorted announcement over the PA system. I had to continually stop and put my fingers in my ears. I should have taken my earplugs but had forgotten to put some in my bag on this occasion. But it's a hateful place and I'm not going to ruin any more days by going there. So there! :lol:

Flake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2007, 3:50 am

Some big shops are open 24hrs so you can shop late at night, less people and bustle i expect. not tried it yet though

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 5:05 pm

It isn't so much that I dread shopping, but that if there isn't anything to shop, then I don't like to. Such as if there aren't items that interest me.

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 5:09 pm

Hi dgd! good to see you :)

I like online shopping...but then, most of the shopping I do is buying books, CDs or DVDs...
If I do shop for clothings, I prefer to be able to try them on first...
But it is strange..I think the mirrors at stores make you look better, thus coaxing you into buying the item which doesn't look quite as good when you put them on at home...

OMGpenguin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2007, 5:19 pm

I like the part of looking at a lot of stuff with flashy colors and whatnot, but I don't like the sales people asking me if I'm finding everything ok, or whatever else they ask, and I don't like shopping with other people because I either think I'm holding them up, or I'll want to leave when they're not ready yet. I'm terribly inconsiderate when it comes to things like that.

eipsa
Raven
Raven

16 May 2007, 2:02 pm

I have the same thing happening to me but maybe not quite as severely, I thought perhaps it was Agoraphobia but now I'm not sure.. 8O
I've found that it helps to stand still, say in the middle of a mall with millions of people milling about, for a minute and just calm down and look at people as they pass by and don't even notice you..

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 6:57 pm

want to delete the repeted post.

Last edited by Neuromancer on 16 May 2007, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 7:00 pm

I hate shopping, but I believe, without evidences, that this was the usual feeling until a century ago.

Miranda
Raven
Raven

16 May 2007, 7:04 pm

I love shopping because it lets me get out of my house when I'm bored. And I'm obsessed with clothes and fashion. I love going to clothing stores and just trying things on for fun, even without actually buying anything.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 12:00 am

Miranda wrote:
I love shopping because it lets me get out of my house when I'm bored. And I'm obsessed with clothes and fashion. I love going to clothing stores and just trying things on for fun, even without actually buying anything.

What's funny about this is it could be a typical girl-type thing...or an AS obsession :D Me, I like looking presentable and everything, but would prefer to put absolutely no brain power into it. :D

I...hate clothes shopping even more than other kinds of shopping. Can't stand trying on clothes...hate the whole process.