Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 5:46 pm

I especially like Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, and Fry's (an electronics store).

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 7:34 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I especially like Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, and Fry's (an electronics store).

Tim

I was just at Best Buy half an hour ago! I also went go-karting (and won) right before that, too! :)

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 7:46 pm

Absolutely ahte shopping.

cowlypso
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2007, 9:51 pm

Hate it... avoid it (or keep it short) as much as possible.

I eat the same stuff all the time, even though I'd really love some variety. It's just because I can't spend enough time at the store to actually buy real food. I've been living off of frozen dinners, microwave popcorn, protein bars, yogurt, and salad for months.

I had to buy a dress to wear to some weddings this summer, and I tried to go shopping myself but I went to the hiding place in my brain after only 20 minutes in the store. My mom had to drive 2 hours to get here so she could take me shopping. And then it took 5 hours. ARGH!! ! Well, we started off with lunch in a dark corner of the food court because I met her there and came straight from school. But then we spent 2.5 hours trying on dresses. Then she insisted that I needed jewelry and shoes that went with the dress. I'm not sure what's wrong with the jewelry and shoes I had at home, but she insisted. So we took a break and then went back at it. I was pretty much just wandering around and being a giant dress-up doll for my mom the whole time, and went to my little hiding place in my mind.

Anyway, I absolutely hate shopping, and I'd quit it altogether if I didn't have to buy groceries.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 10:14 pm

I hate clothes shopping. Book shopping is great (although torturous at the same time because I always want more than I can afford). Grocery shopping is stressful because I have so much trouble locating items on the shelves.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 3:14 am

For the most part I don't like shopping (aside from online). Partly because it's boring, and partly because I have to deal with everyone. I do sort of like electronics/games places though, although not as much as I used to (probably because I already know what they have, thanks to the internet).

TrishC7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2007, 5:15 am

I love recreational shopping (or for stuff I need) when I have the money, which is seldom. Grocery shopping stresses me out immensely, because my budget is much tighter than my tastes. Bummer.

But shopping in general can be just plain stressful. There's a lot of stimulation in a store environment. If it gets to you, I'd try to set a limit on the amount of time you're going to shop at one time, and then get out of there & plan ahead to have some time for something you find enjoyable & relaxing.

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 5:41 am

I love shopping as well! For some reason I love grocery shopping, just looking at all the different brands and products. I also love poking around in discount shops, it's like a treasure hunt. sometimes I find absolutely nothing that I want, other times I find everything that I've been looking for a long time!
While I do like clothes shopping, it's a challenge as I'm so friggin fat and I have huge feet :P

Cliff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2007, 5:46 am

I like shopping on the internet. The last time I went to the supermarket with my wife it was hell. It was early on a Saturday morning. So many thousands of items on hundreds of shelves. She didn't have any shopping list or know what she wanted; just sort of randomly moving around and talking about all sorts of stuff that had absolutely nothing to do with the shopping. After about 15 minutes I started to feel ill, and after a half hour I was just leaning on the shopping trolley and trying to blank my mind. On the other hand, a few years ago (before I got married) I used to go shopping every week. It was easy - a list of stuff that I wanted and 20 minutes after going into the shop I was out in the car park with the groceries for 7 days.

Cliff A.

TrishC7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2007, 3:20 am

Cliff,

Have you discussed this with your wife, in terms of the difficulties it causes you? So that if the two of you are going together, you can do the list thing, etc. If she feels more like free-form shopping, she could go on her own or with a friend?

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

11 May 2007, 4:16 am

I'm NT and HATE shopping - my husband does all the grocery and present shopping. He loves shopping.

I haaaate clothes shopping. I can never find anything I like and always end up really depressed after shopping.

I've found a 'party plan' lady who sells underwear and clothing. You don't have to have a party. She'll just come to your house and measure you up.

So I've decided I'll just phone her up when I want to buy new clothes.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 9:38 am

I like shopping for food.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 9:44 am

There’s too many people out there, who also happen to scare me; it’s impossible to track them all; it’s physically and mentally draining too. I still do it though…, someone has to help my mother lift stuff.

Me Daniel, me lift heavy stuff.

mizkathy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2007, 11:19 am

I love to shop, I'm a bit addicted to it. :twisted:

Cliff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2007, 8:48 am

TrishC7 wrote:
Cliff,

Have you discussed this with your wife, in terms of the difficulties it causes you? So that if the two of you are going together, you can do the list thing, etc. If she feels more like free-form shopping, she could go on her own or with a friend?

Thank you very much for the suggestions! I got sort of caught out on this early morning shop trip; after I got there it was too late. (My mind is in a type of limbo when I first wake up - and sometimes for a couple of hours after!)
I have talked to my wife a bit about this stuff on and off, but the bottom line is, I really don't want to go shopping with anyone else. Not that it couldn't be done with a bit of pre planning. Internet purchasing is cool - except when it comes to stuff like trying on climbing shoes!

Cliff

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 10:59 am

I love shopping!

I just hate it when other people get the bright idea to go shopping at the same time at the same place. Bastards!

Seriously, shopping would be so much more fun if it weren't for other shoppers, especially if they have bratty little kids or wailing babies. I usually strategically plan my shopping to avoid the worst crowds when I can.

Two things I do love: shopping on the Internet and Self Checkout lanes.