Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2016, 11:04 am

I rock on my bed side to side feels awesome also makes you feel extremely relaxed u should trying with hand cover your eyes if u had that like.i have its fastest way stop the anxiety attacks and stop the meltdown hope u understand :D

Diagnosis Asperger's Syndrome back in 2005
also have Anxiety Disorder, OCD

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 7:53 pm

I rock when I'm anxious or excited, but if I'm standing and can't rock, I bounce. I love the feeling of spinning, but I can't do it often because it makes me feel sick afterwards, same with too much swinging. I also have a mini trampoline that I love jumping on. When I get overwhelmed or experience sensory overload, I like to hide under blankets or in dark, quiet corners. The dark and the enclosed feeling of the blanket makes me feel safe and more relaxed, it also reduces the visual stimulation. I like compression and squeezing too, and when I'm anxious or overstimulated, I lay my weighted blanket out on the floor and roll myself up in it like a burrito. The combined weight and compression relax my nervous system and make me feel less jittery.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 8:04 pm

I understand and feel likwise about stims. Especially rocking.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 10:24 pm

If someone isn't used to stimming, does it have to be thought of on purpose? I get all tense. How I feel about stimming is the same for me.

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2016, 10:44 pm

I, on the other hand, cannot stand it, and I wish I knew of an effective way to end my excess of these unusual movements. Every time one is addressed, it is invariably replaced with another (possibly worse) "stim."

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 12:35 am

Both my main stims are with a double purpose. :lol: Pacing for walking (duh) for several routes that ranges from a block to half a city. And crochet/knitting, which is also my special interest and sort of business/attraction.

Though I end up with other stims when I'm overwhelmed. It could be the classic flapping hands (in some cases, flapping SOMEONE's hand), spinning, bouncing, sometimes self-talking.

And I just found out that if I deprived myself of stimming, for 4 days straight: I end up with signs of anxiety.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2016, 2:03 am

StarTrekker wrote:
I rock when I'm anxious or excited, but if I'm standing and can't rock, I bounce. I love the feeling of spinning, but I can't do it often because it makes me feel sick afterwards, same with too much swinging. I also have a mini trampoline that I love jumping on. When I get overwhelmed or experience sensory overload, I like to hide under blankets or in dark, quiet corners. The dark and the enclosed feeling of the blanket makes me feel safe and more relaxed, it also reduces the visual stimulation. I like compression and squeezing too, and when I'm anxious or overstimulated, I lay my weighted blanket out on the floor and roll myself up in it like a burrito. The combined weight and compression relax my nervous system and make me feel less jittery.

So am i autism when i rock on my bed or not?

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2016, 5:13 am

You are addicted to an autistic behavior, you are compelled to do it and have convinced yourself it's a good thing to make yourself feel better.

-Johnnyh

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2016, 5:28 am

johnnyh wrote:
You are addicted to an autistic behavior, you are compelled to do it and have convinced yourself it's a good thing to make yourself feel better.

I remember when i was 14 i had worst weird feeling in my body i start get very anxious starting thinking bad thoughts and told my aunty ivy stop the car please starting freaking out and crying i wasnt well as well couldnt eat i had gastric in my stomach i use i had obsession chewing on mints makes me calm i didnt eat much because my brain i hate it i got really scared i chew the mints help me calm do u know whats this called?

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2016, 5:36 am

Ooo, try this everyone.

Get a large cushion or pillow. Sit on it. Close your eyes and make a circular motion with your body. It's fantastic. Takes you off into another world :D do it slowly though. Too fast and you feel sick :?

Most of my stims are just borne out of anxiety and aren't really enjoyable as such. I could spend all day throwing a small ball up into the air and catching it though :D

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 10:24 am

Berabara wrote:

So am i autism when i rock on my bed or not?

Very autism.

Berabara wrote:
I remember when i was 14 i had worst weird feeling in my body i start get very anxious starting thinking bad thoughts and told my aunty ivy stop the car please starting freaking out and crying i wasnt well as well couldnt eat i had gastric in my stomach i use i had obsession chewing on mints makes me calm i didnt eat much because my brain i hate it i got really scared i chew the mints help me calm do u know whats this called?

Sounds like an anxiety panic attack. I get them sometimes. Awful experience.