Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2016, 1:47 am

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
reason not to vote for hillary: she's a liar, she's incompetent, she's a criminal

well and she's a lawyer and aren't they both criminals?

Trump is a lot of things but he's not a criminal, people suing you in civil court is an entirely different matter from actual criminal cases.

I agree that we don't need any more lawyers as politicians, professional liars who use their knowledge of the law to avoid ever being accountable for their actions. The worst thing about it is that they know better too, how big of a joke is it that Obama was a 'constitutional' scholar? Yeah he studied, he studied it to figure out how to get around it.

As if businessmen were never criminals and liars. As for Trump personally: remember, he stiffed contractors and his own workers. That, and he weaseled out of paying taxes, and raised money meant for charities that went for his own buying sprees, and for his countless legal defenses. Sounds pretty crooked to me.

You just can't argue Trump is worse than Hillary in this regard and it's a silly narrative about taxes too as every business pays as little in taxes as they possibly can and the fault of that is the tax code which is written by politicians like Hillary Clinton who would get money from a wealthy donor and do their bidding. There's a reason why Hillary and Bill were at Trump's wedding, I mean I'm sure it was good time but the Clinton's have ulterior motives. Trump's response to accusations that he stiffed or shorted people was that they did shoddy or incomplete work, contractors aren't saints either now. Not nice but that's business. Trump has employed tens of thousands of people most whom sing his praises as an executive and for graciousness & loyalty, he's made billions and lost billions and gained it all back again which I don't see as a bad thing. Trump knows the system and has been very open about why he's donated to people he's donated to because it gives you influence and I don't believe will be bought like the Clinton's and if he is then I guess I'll have to vote for someone else 4 years from now but right now Trump is the only alternative that we got to the status quo.

Why doesn't anyone defend Hillary's record? None of the anti-Trump people here even attempt to and most deny even supporting Hillary altho they are absolutely incredulous at the thought that people are supporting someone other than her. If you want me to hold Trump's toe to the fire on things then admit that Hillary is worse in the same regard as she most often is but none of you can do that because then that would de facto admitting Trump is the better choice. Otherwise the comparison between to two is 100% relevant and credible argument

Regardless if allegedly shoddy work had been done, if payment is agreed upon, then payment must be forthcoming. And as Clinton had said, Trump has stiffed an architect who had built a clubhouse for Trump, which Trump still uses. Hardly sounds like the work was that bad if said clubhouse is still in use. The only reason why Trump has money today is because he hasn't spent it on payment for services, as he's lost a huge amount of it on his business mismanagement. Trump might as well say: "I'm not a billionaire, but I play one on TV."
As for Clinton's record - while it's hardly perfect, she has much more experience on the world scene, and much more experience with world leaders, than Trump ever has.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2016, 5:28 am

Jacoby wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Okay just for you then I'll transcribe it a it: She said that she always supported gay marriage, that was a lie. She claimed she said that she never said that said that she 'pleads guilty to being being moderate and centrist' and then claims she is progressive not a moderate, she said that she turned over all her emails and that she never sent any classified information over her private server and we know that was a lie, she claims that she stood up to Wall Street before the housing crash in 2007 but really said afterwards there was other people that shared in the blame and that it was unAmerican to attack Wall Street, she attacked Obama for criticizing her universal healthcare plan in 2008 and said he should be ashamed as Democrat for criticizing it but then attacked Bernie Sanders' universal healthcare plan as a false promise and attacked him for wanting throw out Obama's signature achievement. You might remember her comments about having to duck away from facing sniper fire in Bosnia which was proven to be a bold faced lie. She said she opposed NAFTA and opposes TPP but that's a lie.

These are all in the video, watch it yourself if you don't believe me and make your own judgement.

I'm stopping at your first claim, an obvious case of quote-mining. If you look at the whole statement she made rather than the quote mine from the video, it would be very clear that she did not claim she always supported same-sex marriage. She makes clear that she looks at new information and updates her views over time, which is consistent with how she's actually been:

Quote:
CLINTON: Well, actually, I have been very consistent. Over the course of my entire life, I have always fought for the same values and principles, but, like most human beings - including those of us who run for office - I do absorb new information. I do look at what's happening in the world.

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2015/ ... ranscript/

In addition, if you look elsewhere she says she has evolved on the subject of gay marriage (which is also what Obama says):

Quote:
June 2014: NPR’s Terry Gross grilled Clinton about her past positions’ on gay marriage in what led to a testy exchange. Gross tried to get Clinton to explain if she had truly changed her stance or if the shifting political landscape made it possible for her to announce her support.

At one point Gross asked, "Would you say your view evolved since the '90s or that the American public evolved, allowing you to state your real view?"

Clinton replied: "I think I'm an American. (Laughing) And I think we have all evolved, and it's been one of the fastest, most sweeping transformations."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... -marriage/

So your first claim is false. I'm not going to waste my time with the others. It's clear you make a horrible fact checker.

I was transcribing it for you, that's straight from the vid no interpretations and I didn't make or edit the video so maybe that was out of context but the truth is that her values and principles on the issue have not always been consistent as the Clinton's were elected in 1992 on an anti-gay right platform and signed the Defense of Marriage Act and only changed her position once gay marriage became politically popular. You can call it an 'evolution' but I don't believe Hillary would be supporting gay marriage if 60% of the people opposed it. Watch the whole thing or stop whining about Trump denying things he said, the video is 13 minutes long and is a lot more than gay marriage. How can you accuse Trump is so much worse if you don't 'factcheck' yourself?

The key point is that Hillary can admit when she's wrong and fix it, but Trump as far as he is concerned can do no wrong. We need self-aware people with access to and control over the nuclear launch codes.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 12:33 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 5:14 pm

Biscuitman wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 9:27 pm

Trump is a lout, a boor and an ignoramus. There Russians have a word for someone like Trump -- невоспитанный.

which is why I am going to vote for him. I have come to dislike the government of the United States a great deal over the years and here is a perfectly legal way to inflict damage on it. Elect Trump as President. That will be a challenge and if he is elected we will be in for some interesting times.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2016, 1:36 am

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Trump is a lout, a boor and an ignoramus. There Russians have a word for someone like Trump -- невоспитанный.

which is why I am going to vote for him. I have come to dislike the government of the United States a great deal over the years and here is a perfectly legal way to inflict damage on it. Elect Trump as President. That will be a challenge and if he is elected we will be in for some interesting times.

Quite a % of people thought exactly that during Brexit. You find a lot that say it was a vote against the establishment, a swipe at government, without realising they were voting to punch themselves in the face. Now look at the sorry mess we are in.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2016, 4:34 pm

Regardless of who wins in November, these three movie titles would be excellent descriptions for the next POTUS.

-Dumb and Dumber

-Idiocracy

-Liar Liar