Bullies set 10yo Autistic boy on fire

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 6:47 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
That's very sad news. I hope those young sociopaths get tried as adults.

Not possible to be a sociopath yet.
@saveferris That's the media in a nut shell

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2016, 6:51 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Of course they didn't plan it, they just happened upon a canister of gasoline and a box of matches, as everybody does, I'm forever tripping over them in the street (sarcasm). Then they just unpremeditatively thought "Hey let's set fire to a kid," as everyone tends to do. Gee, I can't see that they did anything wrong at all (sarcasm).

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.

katy_rome
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2016, 7:06 am

B19 wrote:
I hope that fool of an ABA practitioner who was preaching last year that there are "10 reasons" why bullying is good for AS victims is going to be ashamed of herself today.

What, what, WHAT?!?!?! Just can't believe this stuff is going on. Generally an optimist, makes me want to move into the cave in our valley :cry:

Ishi2
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 7:36 am

They need to be charged as adults, put in an adult prison and made somebody's little b***h. Then they'll see what it's like to be picked on.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 8:34 am

Wow and people wonder why I have no faith in humanity.

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2016, 4:39 pm

Wow! I was under the assumption that the kid died, but it looks like he survived.

I am also reading these dumb comments on facebook that it's their parents fault for the other kids intentionally setting him on fire. :roll: It may be poor parenting skills but parents have no control over what happens outside the home. If anything it's the school that is responsible, especially if it happened ON school grounds. If their was no supervision going on then that school needs to be shut down for good.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 6:02 pm

Mother has stated that Kayden Culp did manage to say what happened before he lapsed into a coma - "He set me on fire...":
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ident.html

Update: The latest is that he has pneumonia. He is still on life support.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 7:49 pm

Ishi2 wrote:
They need to be charged as adults, put in an adult prison and made somebody's little b***h. Then they'll see what it's like to be picked on.

Unfortunately that is very unlikely to happen due to the age of the kids. If he does die, they could be charged with manslaughter and spend the rest of their youth in juvenile hall. At the age of 18, they might walk or be jailed further depending upon the legal ramifications that they get charged with. Personally, I think it would be fair to drop them into regular prison and leave them there. I pray the kid recovers from this incident.

This story struck home with me because one of my family members did something similar with a gun. Thirty odd years ago, one of my cousins "accidentally" killed a 6 year old kid when he was about the same age as these kids. I knew that he hated the neighbor kid as he was always pestering him to play with him. On that fateful day, my cousin was showing off a prized shotgun that he took from a locked gun cabinet that he had picked the lock on. (My uncle always stored his hunting guns unloaded in a locked cabinet with the shells in another place for safety reasons.) It went off. My cousin was interviewed by the police and had to be detained for a period of time while his mental health was checked out. He was never charged (as he was too young per the laws at the time) and went on with his life like nothing ever happened at all. I have always wandered what was the justice in that...

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2016, 8:01 pm

The events absolutely don't surprise me, sadly. :cry:

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 8:06 pm

I used to be bullied when I was in school, so I know bullying when I see one. But THIS, right there!? This is WORSE than bullying! This is attempted genocide! I hope those kids get a serious electro-shock therapy, and see how much hurtful they're really being!

And by electro-shock therapy, I mean like this:

Ven_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2016, 12:46 am

Ah yes, another demonstration of "humanity" by the vicious pack of animals we're forced to associate with. God, I hate this species.

I also feel the need to point out that if this boy was gay, or a minority, it would have probably been dubbed a hate crime and carried by every major news network instead of being a few paragraphs on the New York Post. Any chance the autistic could ever get some of those special protections, world? No? Didn't think so.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2016, 1:00 am

UncannyDanny wrote:
I used to be bullied when I was in school, so I know bullying when I see one. But THIS, right there!? This is WORSE than bullying! This is attempted genocide! I hope those kids get a serious electro-shock therapy, and see how much hurtful they're really being!

And by electro-shock therapy, I mean like this:

I think they already know they’re extremely hurtful—they do it on purpose and like it.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

davidmcg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2016, 6:40 am

These sort of incidents make me wonder what's happening in the world. Things are getting worse and worse. People are going insane. That poor kid. I sincerely hope he recovers and the perpetrators get what they deserve.

I was bullied incessantly and physically assaulted multiple times as a kid, but that is nothing compared to what this child went through.

My blood is f**king boiling.

I wonder if it was his autism that made him go back to his 'so-called' friends after they bullied him...

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2016, 8:55 am

davidmcg wrote:

I noticed the update in your sig. Why couldn't they tell you there and then your results ?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

davidmcg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2016, 11:11 am

Hi. Didn't want to detract from the point of the OP's post so I made a separate post about the assessment.

JVM23
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2016, 12:28 pm

I blame those neurotypical supremacists that lead the boys astray. If there was a greater understanding of ASDs, stuff like this would not happen.