Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 9:45 pm

Mysterious

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 10:01 pm

Argumentative/Opinionated,eccentric , quiet, sort of smart and mysterious at least that's how I am seen in my classes.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 4:23 am

The most common adjectives I hear people describe me with are "quiet" and "polite" (in order of most common to least common). Aside from those two, I can only speculate.

mended
Raven
Raven

16 Oct 2016, 4:28 am

I have recently had to ask someone to be a referee on an application. They said they were going to write that I am completely reliable. So I guess that I'm seen as....

Completely Reliable

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 4:38 am

Quiet, disconnected, serious, honest and shy.

Even though I don't think I am a particularly bad person, it can be difficult for me to engage in conversation with others. It doesn't help that I don't keep up-to-date with current events, so my communication skills are somewhat lacking.

I should be starting a new job soon, and I am dreading how I will cope during lunchtime for the reason stated above.

mended
Raven
Raven

16 Oct 2016, 4:41 am

JakeASD wrote:

I should be starting a new job soon, and I am dreading how I will cope during lunchtime for the reason stated above.

You could take a book to read at lunchtime or go for a walk.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 5:01 am

I have no idea.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 5:25 am

One of the best ways to find out what kind of person you are if you're doubting yourself is to ask your Mum, or any other parent or legal guardian that's been in your life since birth and childhood.

Siblings can only offer a more limited perspective.

It's your parents, the one that raised you, discovered all your likes, dislikes, quirks, etc. for the past 18 years that can offer one of, if not the most insightful and accurate perspective of you coming from another person.

Of course, parents do tend to have a positivity bias and usually only tell you the positive aspects of your personality and omit the negative aspects (that's if they're GOOD parents) but they often will be realistic and honest about your flaws when the situation presents itself.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 5:33 am

mended wrote:
JakeASD wrote:

You could take a book to read at lunchtime or go for a walk.

I did that the last time I had a job, but it backfired as I was ostracised for being "unsociable".

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:04 am

Outrider wrote:
One of the best ways to find out what kind of person you are if you're doubting yourself is to ask your Mum, or any other parent or legal guardian that's been in your life since birth and childhood.

It's your parents, the one that raised you, discovered all your likes, dislikes, quirks, etc. for the past 18 years that can offer one of, if not the most insightful and accurate perspective of you coming from another person.

Of course, parents do tend to have a positivity bias and usually only tell you the positive aspects of your personality and omit the negative aspects (that's if they're GOOD parents) but they often will be realistic and honest about your flaws when the situation presents itself.

Your parents? Are you serious? They wouldn't even tell you any honest positive parts of your personality. And anything negative they might find, others like. Don't ever listen to parents. Their intentions may well be good, but they'll always be biased.

mended
Raven
Raven

16 Oct 2016, 6:18 am

Outrider wrote:
One of the best ways to find out what kind of person you are if you're doubting yourself is to ask your Mum

My mother is very autistic. She can only speak in soundbites she read in a book. Mostly Harry Potter.
Her mother couldn't speak at all.

Which makes me wonder how much is nurture v nature.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:27 am

smudge wrote:
Outrider wrote:

Your parents? Are you serious? They wouldn't even tell you any honest positive parts of your personality. And anything negative they might find, others like. Don't ever listen to parents. Their intentions may well be good, but they'll always be biased.
True. Don't trust your parents, they are positively biased.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 1:24 pm

Honestly, I don't know. Probably as weird.

jewels_1991
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Oct 2016, 2:46 pm

Nice, quiet, and neurotic

bluevector
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Oct 2016, 4:10 am

Outrider wrote:

Well I wouldn't ask my parents. My mother told me I was a soulless evil child and she wished she had never had me, and that was when I was 7-8yrs old. * throws massive pity party and cries into the teapot* However on a more positive note I was told by a friend I'm utterly bonkers but great fun. so maybe I grew a soul late mum :lol: