Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 2:45 pm

....so what is the first thought you get when some guy you have on fb suddenly messages you all of the sudden?

deci16
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2016, 3:11 pm

My thoughts: "Oh hey, someone interested in me enough to say hi, must have taken a lot of courage for him to do that let me say hi back and see where this goes."

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 4:40 pm

Suspicion. Thus far, when that has happened the dude eventually ends up trying to date me or have sex with me. They act friendly and like they just want to be friends at first, and then start branching into whatever it is they actually want.

That has actually happened twice this year.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 4:51 pm

Now, the only men I have as friends on FB are men I know and am on friendly terms with in real life. In the past, I had accepted friend requests from men who were friends of friends. Two or three of them kept messaging me - one to the point that I was avoiding FB because every time I went on FB he messaged me, even after I asked him to stop - so I blocked him and then unfriended him. Another man was a member of a group I was also in, and after a disagreement on a particular subject he started sending me messages which made me concerned initially for his mental health, then he got really nasty. So, I unfriended him too.

So yeah, now that I've changed my approach to accepting friend requests, I'd be pleased to get a message from a man who's a FB friend, but before, not so much.

HelloSweetie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2016, 5:13 pm

Block.
Unless I have met him irl.

Ishi2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 5:23 pm

Unless we have mutual friends or are both members of a common group, then I tend to think it's creepy and I don't respond.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 6:07 pm

lidsmichelle wrote:
Suspicion. Thus far, when that has happened the dude eventually ends up trying to date me or have sex with me. They act friendly and like they just want to be friends at first, and then start branching into whatever it is they actually want.

That has actually happened twice this year.

What's so bad about the dating part if you were single?

cuddle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2016, 6:26 pm

sly279 wrote:

Because it's annoying to get harassed randomly. We get enough of it on the streets. If it wasn't constant it probably wouldn't be such a big deal, but it is. Also men will lie about just wanting to be friends then turn around and try to get into your pants and most men just want sex and not a relationship. There is something called consent and most women don't consent to being harassed all the time for sex. It makes us bitter... Hell, I've only been living as a woman for two years now and I'm already bitter about it. The sad part is I just received a message as I type this... like wtf.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 6:45 pm

cuddle wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Because it's annoying to get harassed randomly. We get enough of it on the streets. If it wasn't constant it probably wouldn't be such a big deal, but it is. Also men will lie about just wanting to be friends then turn around and try to get into your pants and most men just want sex and not a relationship. There is something called consent and most women don't consent to being harassed all the time for sex. It makes us bitter... Hell, I've only been living as a woman for two years now and I'm already bitter about it. The sad part is I just received a message as I type this... like wtf.

Most men want a relationship with sex.
I'm hypersexsual but I need emotional love connection for sex.

How does one get consent for asking a lady out without talking to her? To get consent would require talking to her which can't do without said consent. 0.o o.0

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 6:54 pm

If there's no solution following the rules, then those who succeed must have broken them. The tricky part, of course, is that not everyone can afford to break the rules; that's how they work as a selection mechanism.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

cuddle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2016, 7:04 pm

sly279 wrote:
Most men want a relationship with sex.
I'm hypersexsual but I need emotional love connection for sex.

How does one get consent for asking a lady out without talking to her? To get consent would require talking to her which can't do without said consent. 0.o o.0

Ask them on dating sites, dating chat-rooms, speed dating meetups, etc. They are consenting to being asked then. :roll:

You can also be passive in person about it to get the feel of the person if they are open to being asked, but as an aspie male that may be hard for you.

Asking their friends, if you know them, is a good way to work around it also.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 7:19 pm

So you'd prefer potential suitors to ask your friends about you behind your back, and, conversely, to ask you about some friend of yours, rather than ask the intended person out directly so they have a chance to reply with an unambiguous rejection and be done with it?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

cuddle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2016, 7:31 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
So you'd prefer potential suitors to ask your friends about you behind your back, and, conversely, to ask you about some friend of yours, rather than ask the intended person out directly so they have a chance to reply with an unambiguous rejection and be done with it?

There is less emotion to deal with if it's indirect. So yes I prefer that.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 7:39 pm

To ask: why this, why now. I have received messages from people who know of me and have posted on my timeline as if they really know me in person. I usually delete and block.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 7:45 pm

How is a mutual friend who doesn't see you in real-life enough but at occasional get togethers supposed to ask you out?

Is it much better if a mutual friend messages you a few hours or a day after you meet them and there was a mutual physical attraction?

And about being approached in the streets - of course, harassment is wrong, but a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet, a person saying a simple polite hello may bother you but it's nothing to get worked-up over unless they don't ignore your initial rejection, which of course I know does happen so I'm trying to differentiate the two different scenarios. A simple introduction is not 'harassment', but that doesn't mean harassment, i.e. sexual comments, following her, not listening to her when she tells him to leave her alone, etc. doesn't happen, which it does.

VinoVeritas
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2016, 9:15 pm

What worked for me was getting involved in group settings where there were women present but there was a focus other than dating. I got to meet women and learn a bit about them with no pressure to "seal the deal." Sometimes I would find enough common traits between our personalities that I would be inclined to ask for a date - and at that point I am an acquaintance, not a stranger. She wouldn't always say yes, but she usually wouldn't see me as a creeper. Sometimes I would learn enough about a woman to realize I had no interest in her, which probably saved me substantial embarrassment and other problems.

I can understand why being approached by a stranger would be a turn off. If the other person knows nothing about you except what your body looks like (or your Facebook pictures), then it would be logical that he is only interested in your body. That probably taints the whole experience, even if you wouldn't otherwise have been turned off by him. Ladies, please correct me if I'm off base here.

So I think there is a solution within the rules. It's just not one you will find shown in movies or find guys bragging about in locker rooms.