Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 11:24 am

Could Putin be getting ready to declare war?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expres ... -sprint-us

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailys ... -sprint-us

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2016, 11:32 am

No, he'd have nothing to gain from it other than a thriving world wide business opportunity for body bags. It's brinkmanship, sowing the seeds of doubt and strengthing his own position in any negotiations over Syria, Ukraine and anywhere else he shows an interest in.

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 11:42 am

Jute wrote:
No, he'd have nothing to gain from it other than a thriving world wide business opportunity for body bags. It's brinkmanship, sowing the seeds of doubt and strengthing his own position in any negotiations over Syria, Ukraine and anywhere else he shows an interest in.

Evidently Putin has gone to extreme measures with this drill and building bunkers under the ground for ALL Russians. He may do anything to gain back power - he's especially angry for being blamed for the hacking into US emails to blow up the election.
He's clearing every Russian out of The West. I think he's getting ready for war with us.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 11:45 am

Russia has also increased their nuclear weapons while Obama has made sure to decrease ours.

I really think this Wikileaks stuff is going to lead to WW3.

Darn, I flunked.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2016, 12:24 pm

Putin may be power crazed and hanker after the days of the old Soviet Union but I doubt he's going to set in motion events which could lay to waste the entire planet, certainly not over some leaked emails, or anything else short of a concerted attack on his own territory.

Autism Social Forum

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 12:30 pm

Most of what Putin does is theater aimed at a domestic audience.

These moves are not about starting world war three, but rather indicate psychological operations against the Russian people to prepare them for additional moves to solidify the one party post perestroika totalitarian system Putin is creating.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2016, 1:07 pm

If Putin seriously wanted to attack the USA or anywhere else he wouldn't alert them to his intentions by running military exercises, he'd simply launch a pre-emptive strike when it was least expected. 4th July, Thanksgiving or Christmas day would all be good times and that way he might actually disable or destroy enough of the retaliatory potential of his target to make some sort of military sense, even if in reality I doubt that anyone would still be around to celebrate victory after a nuclear war.

Autism Social Forum

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 1:56 pm

I'm afraid that the elites may miscalculate, creating a global conflagration.

If Russia is building nuclear bunkers for its citizens, then we absolutely must do the same.

helloarchy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Oct 2016, 2:19 pm

Apparently they've been doing these drills every year since 2012. It's still somewhat alarming though. I dont like to think of Russia as the bad guys. I think they are genuinely concerned of the West nuking them, and are preparing for the worst, including building over 5000 bunkers.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2016, 2:45 pm

beneficii wrote:
I'm afraid that the elites may miscalculate, creating a global conflagration.

If Russia is building nuclear bunkers for its citizens, then we absolutely must do the same.

That's how arms races start. He's got a stone, I'll get a bigger one...

Autism Social Forum

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 2:59 pm

I called my Congressperson about this. I will also contact my Senators.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 3:09 pm

It's the US we have to be afraid of nuking the planet. After all it's the only country to actually nuke another country (Japan) in war ( which I think they had absolutely no business doing), and for every bomb another country has tested the US tests at least 10 of them. The Americans are the real enemies and I hate them. End.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 3:18 pm

Japan attacked the US first, so of course the latter had every business retaliating.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2016, 5:06 pm

No one would contest that, Japan effectively declared war on the USA with the attack on Pearl Harbour, however the war was already virtual won before the USA dropped the two bombs. There has been speculation that they were dropped not just to hasten the end of the war but also as a deterent, to send a message to any other possible aggressor (Russia), as well as simply being a very effective test of the nuclear technology that the USA had developed.

Autism Social Forum

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 5:09 pm

You see, this is what is making me afraid.

DelightDelirium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2016, 11:52 pm

Time for a crash course in prepping and survivalism I think.