Did Black Widow Spider DNA Get Inside a Virus?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 7:15 pm

How the Heck Did Black Widow Spider DNA Get Inside a Virus?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 7:15 pm

AspergianMutantt wrote:

Plum Island strikes again?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 9:10 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
AspergianMutantt wrote:

Plum Island strikes again?

indeed.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 12:28 am

Even if there is a natural explanation for it, it's still seems unnatural and grotesque.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 7:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Even if there is a natural explanation for it, it's still seems unnatural and grotesque.

Oh, Plum Island is hardly "natural."

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 11:28 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Oh, Plum Island is hardly "natural."

Oh, I know that.
But beyond rumor and conspiracy theory, has anything been proven about Plum Island?

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 5:59 pm

Soo...this could be some weird biologist's attempt to transfer spider powers?

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2016, 6:21 pm

I was under the impression that viruses were procaryotes and as such their genetic information is coded on RNA not DNA.

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 7:49 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Soo...this could be some weird biologist's attempt to transfer spider powers?

A biologist named... Peter Parker? :lol:

Last edited by naturalplastic on 14 Oct 2016, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 8:06 pm

Jute wrote:
I was under the impression that viruses were procaryotes and as such their genetic information is coded on RNA not DNA.

viruses are even more primitive than prokaryotes.

Nothing to do with RNA vs DNA

Eukaryotes = critters with actual cells (single or multiple):algae, protozoa, and multicellular plants and animals like us. The cells are organized with proper membrane bound organells (like body organs).The genetic material is contained within the membrane bound nucleus within the cell.

Prokaryotes= microbes without proper ogranelles = bacteria, and cynobacteria (formerly known as blue green algae).. Bacteria cells are much tinier than most eukaryote cells, and there is no nucleus. The DNA is all over the cell.

Viruses are even tiner, and even more rudimentary than prokaryotes. Basically they are cell nuclei in search of cytoplasm. Basically a virus is a piece of DNA or RNA wrapped in a protein case that wanders around without any other cell organelles (or any other life processes like metabolism- ie that arent even really alive) -the protein case doubles as an hypodermic needle to inject the virus's DNA into a victim's cell so the virus's DNA can comandeer the victim's cell to make more viruses.

Some viruses (retrovirus) use RNA, others use DNA.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2016, 6:40 am

Yeah, I knew how viruses operated I was just living under the obviously mistaken assumption that their genetic coding was based on RNA exclusively.

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.