Why is it viewed as less serious?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 11:39 am

In society why is it viewed as much less of a big deal if a woman hates on men compared to vice versa?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 12:02 pm

Because women have been treated very unfairly in the past by men, and too often still are, even in developed countries. It wasn't that long ago that women were expected to be nothing more than maids, sex slaves and cooks. It wasn't really that long ago that if a women tried to vote she could get arrested, and women were treated like scum if they wanted to take on a male-dominated job, like being a doctor or a firefighter. Sexist pigs make those stupid kitchen jokes, but if a woman gets a career as a chef cooking in a four-star restaurant, watch out! :roll:

It's like, "oh woman have smaller muscles so they're weak and therefore inferior and stupid." Women have to work a hundred times harder than a man to be thought of half as good. Nothing has really changed at all, in fact I'm fearful that soon we'll go back to the days where women won't be able to go anywhere without a man, beating a wife because she did something like put too much salt in the meal will become acceptable in this part of the world, and we'll no longer be allowed to wear pants or expose the skin on our eyelids in public. :(

I guess there's too much of a double standard. But if a guy hates women it might be for something like, "Girls won't go out with me because women have too much freedom and we need to do something to stop that." And then they become terrorists or go on a mass killing spree where the victims are all female. If a woman hates men it might be for something like being molested or raped by a man.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 12:20 pm

[quote="lostonearth35"]Because women have been treated very unfairly in the past by men, and too often still are, even in developed countries. It wasn't that long ago that women were expected to be nothing more than maids, sex slaves and cooks. It wasn't really that long ago that if a women tried to vote she could get arrested, and women were treated like scum if they wanted to take on a male-dominated job, like being a doctor or a firefighter. Sexist pigs make those stupid kitchen jokes, but if a woman gets a career as a chef cooking in a four-star restaurant, watch out! :roll:

It's like, "oh woman have smaller muscles so they're weak and therefore inferior and stupid." Women have to work a hundred times harder than a man to be thought of half as good. Nothing has really changed at all, in fact I'm fearful that soon we'll go back to the days where women won't be able to go anywhere without a man, beating a wife because she did something like put too much salt in the meal will become acceptable in this part of the world, and we'll no longer be allowed to wear pants or expose the skin on our eyelids in public. :(

I guess there's too much of a double standard. But if a guy hates women it might be for something like, "Girls won't go out with me because women have too much freedom and we need to do something to stop that." And then they become terrorists or go on a mass killing spree where the victims are all female. If a woman hates men it might be for something like being molested or raped by a man.[/quote

Women seem to dislike 'adult men' much more than teenage boys/adolescents don't they?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Oct 2016, 8:45 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Nothing has really changed at all, in fact I'm fearful that soon we'll go back to the days where women won't be able to go anywhere without a man, beating a wife because she did something like put too much salt in the meal will become acceptable in this part of the world, and we'll no longer be allowed to wear pants or expose the skin on our eyelids in public. :(
I'm afraid this will happen in America 1ce Trump is elected.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 11:55 pm

I think a lot of it is double standard. If someone had made a video and directed it at Clinton, like the one Robert De Niro directed at Trump calling him a dog, a pig an idiot, that he'd like to punch in the face, it would probably be viewed as completely misogynistic, like a hate crime, would probably get banned off YouTube etc.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 4:15 am

Pretty much what Lostonearth said. Also, females will seldom be a physical threat to men. I doubt a lot of men feel fear passing by a group of loud girls/ women, hoping they won't harass him or worse. Females seldom have a way to discriminate, as the majority of bosses and other decision makers are male.

Jamesy wrote:
Women seem to dislike 'adult men' much more than teenage boys/adolescents don't they?
Speaking for myself, I wouldn't say that. I have been subjected to far too much random harassment by boys for that. I generally do not like males under the age of early 20's for reasons of experience, while very few above that age has been a problem (for me) in terms of harassment.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765