AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 11:25 am

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 12:51 pm

I honestly don't know if its an epidemic. However I do feel better police training needs to take place. Perhaps even harsher penalties when a cop keeps doing garbage that shouldn't be done. On the flipside- many times, people need to cool their jets. Several of the police shooting incidents were justified.. but people have turned this into a huge mess. People don't even bother to wait for facts- they simply get to the city and cause trouble. So stupid.

I also strongly feel better gun control laws NEED to be in effect. Cops honestly need to be getting guns away from gangs, breaking up gangs and much much more. Chicago is a huge issue and there's been reports of police just ignoring the gang actions a bit. Then there is the gun nuts that always throw a big stink when something might happen to their precious guns. If they arent criminals, they shouldnt have a thing to hide by waiting a few more days and having a better background check, period. Also more attempts at after school programs need to be made in problem areas.

It's really unfortunate that gun control hasnt been better dealt with, mainly due to corrupt politicians that literally get bribes from NRA and their allies.

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 1:33 pm

I think like any war, not saying there is a war, that the police will propaganda them selves to always be the good guy in order to gain public support, that being said, if you notice many so called crimes and the reasons behind them, if their not to the benefit of the police or government standing then they are kept silent, where they do not want others to hear why someone was so disgruntled as to go rampaging out of fear it may get others complaining too, its all about controlling the sheep. although if you ask them the police will say its just to keep people from breaking the laws in order to gain public attentions like terrorists do. where on the flip side people do need to know if there are problems that may need to be addressed thats going ignored, this is more of a problem of public misinformation when it should be public awareness and education.

As for guns, even if we were to legalize them all, then all that will do is open even a larger black market for them and crime rates will rise because of it and only the criminals will have them, not to mention I do believe in our constitutional right to be able to carry and bear arms just in case our government decides to go dark-side or police state on us, us bearing arms is about like the cold war, it keeps things in check. the government is not supposed to own us, we are supposed to be our own government.

Most of what we see in the news over the last couple decades is because of the Internet and our instant access to uploading to the net (recording and posting videos as they happen), so much of what we have been seeing has been going on for many decades already just its more visible, just there has been some uptick in the police's use of force due to the stress of their jobs knowing they are being more watched and people being more judgmental of them and their actions, as well as the bad eggs are becoming more visible to the public scrutiny. which is as it should be, as tax paying citizens paying for our police justice system we have the right to observe and question it so that we may consider ways of improving or changing it. I feel in many ways it can be improved.

Its about like, just like a judge may say ignorance of the law is no excuse, I also say our police should not have the right to kill others out of ignorance them selves and then it be excused as better safe then sorry. or do you feel its OK to kill a child with a toy gun or an autistic holding a toy car and they think its a gun? or someone with a knife when they can just tazer them? or throw flash bombs into babies cribs and then try and not take any responsibility for it?

But as for an uptick in police assassinations? YES there has been, just the police are trying to keep a lid on it, the more the disgruntled see it happening its almost like giving them permission to do more of the same.

Evolution is about change, if everything was perfect nothing would evolve, not even governments.