Rigging the Election|DNC incited violence at Trump rallies

Page 11 of 12 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:03 pm

Jacoby wrote:
beneficii wrote:
This is what happens when you don't do your homework and just go with your "gut feeling".

Are you talking to me or him?

this is what I found

Quote:
Recording or intercepting a telephone conversation, or any electronic communication, without the consent of at least one party to the conversation is a felony punishable by a fine of between $1,000 and $100,000 and one year to 18 months in jail. Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-9-303. Recording a communication from a cordless telephone, however, is a misdemeanor. Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-1.3-401. Using or disclosing information obtained through illegal wiretapping is a felony, if there is reason to know the information was obtained illegally. Colo. Rev. Stat § 18-9-304.

However, nothing in these statutes “shall be interpreted to prevent a news agency, or an employee thereof, from using the accepted tools and equipment of that news medium in the course of reporting or investigating a public and newsworthy event.” Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-9-305.

Additionally, a person may use wiretapping or eavesdropping devices on his own premises for security or business purposes, if reasonable notice of the use of such devices is given to the public. Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-9-305.

You are correct Jacoby, they did change the law-- to a single party consent as you are claiming. When I was in college, I had to take a journalism class for my degree and the professor harped on consent for three months, but apparently my info is out of date. Alas, a legal protection been stripped and I'm a little bummed about that.

Edit: all that said, perhaps you should inform James O'Keefe of the law in the states so he's not constantly breaking it.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Oct 2016, 3:52 pm

It's just basic sting journalism I think, perhaps I watched too much local Dirty Dining segments and Chris Hansen so I think it's normal but I don't think it's wrong to break certain laws to expose the truth. I don't think people like Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden, Julian Assange, or Daniel Ellsberg should be punished for exposing lies and deceit. I don't think the 'To Catch A Predator' program is wrong in what it does/did as but that's exactly what they are doing getting those sick freaks off the street. The government uses the justification of 'nothing to hide, nothing to fear' to justify it's mass surveillance so the I think it is only fair that it is turned back on them. The laws apply to them too altho our politicians like like to believe it doesn't.

Adamantium
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Oct 2016, 4:25 pm

Jacoby wrote:
It's just basic sting journalism I think

No, it's using editing and framing to make one thing look like another.
This is using the medium to tell lies that look truthful.

Would you be OK with someone doing this?
Jacoby with a few light edits wrote:
I watched too much Chelsea Manning, so I think it's normal to break certain laws. I think 'To Catch A Predator' is wrong in what it does. The government uses the justification of 'nothing to hide, nothing to fear' to justify it's mass surveillance. I think it is only fair.

[disclaimer: This is not what Jacoby said, it's his words edited to represent things almost opposite to what he had expressed]
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2 ... 0a48093a78

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 7:05 pm

Molly Ball, The Atlantic wrote:
If there's one thing we've learned about the things Donald Trump says, it is that they are not strategic. They are just whatever flew into his head based on the last conversation that he had, or his attempt to rationalize and explain to himself poll results that he doesn't like. This is all just Trump trying to grapple with an outcome that he doesn't like and doesn't want to accept, and he doesn't really have a filter, and he doesn't have someone feeding him talking points that he ingests and then regurgitates. This is just the pure mind, the pure id of Donald Trump.

The video is here
http://www.msnbc.com/mtp-daily/watch/ri ... 9463107672

Also, here's evidence of illegal fundraising activities by the Trump campaign
Fortune story

Last edited by jrjones9933 on 20 Oct 2016, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 7:38 pm

Jacoby wrote:
It's just basic sting journalism I think, perhaps I watched too much local Dirty Dining segments and Chris Hansen so I think it's normal but I don't think it's wrong to break certain laws to expose the truth.

If you're breaking the laws that society has agreed upon, how can that society trust your version of the truth?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 7:48 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
It's just basic sting journalism I think, perhaps I watched too much local Dirty Dining segments and Chris Hansen so I think it's normal but I don't think it's wrong to break certain laws to expose the truth.

If you're breaking the laws that society has agreed upon, how can that society trust your version of the truth?

I find that absurd. I like whistleblowers, and believe they deserve our support if they expose serious wrongdoing.

Adamantium
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Oct 2016, 8:08 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I find that absurd. I like whistleblowers, and believe they deserve our support if they expose serious wrongdoing.

I agree. It's also good to distinguish between whistleblowers and hitmen.

Also, isn't it funny how people find guilt by association deplorable in one context but totally cool in another! :D

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Oct 2016, 8:19 pm

Whine all you want, the people on these videos said what they said. Bob Creamer is a guy that does this stuff, he's a convicted felon and obvious very close to the very top of the Democratic party. It seems obvious that Hillary was behind the disruptions at Trump events, they have the FEC filings for plane tickets and payment to these agitators who admitted what they did on tape. The Democratic 'plumber' Aaron Minter aka Aaron Black is seen all over and is pretty clear in what he does.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 8:21 pm

Here's some analysis from a Los Angeles prosecutor on the amusing history of Democrats refusing to accept the results of elections:

Guess Who Else Refused to Accept the Results of a Presidential Election?

Americans face a stunning situation this morning: a presidential candidate who refuses to accept the results of a presidential election.

I’m speaking, of course, of Hillary Clinton.

As Jim Geraghty notes in National Review this morning, Hillary told fundraisers in 2002 that George W. Bush was “selected, not elected” in 2000.

If that phrase sounds familiar, it’s because it’s been a recurring theme for Democrats for almost 16 years now. It’s a mantra that has been repeated by everyone from Joe Biden (who said Al Gore “was elected president of the United States of America”) to Jimmy Carter (who said there is “no doubt in my mind that Gore won the election”) to Jonathan Chait (who wrote a piece titled “Yes, Bush v. Gore Did Steal the Election”).

http://patterico.com/2016/10/20/guess-w ... -election/

If it weren't for their double standards, they'd have no standards at all. :D

There Are Four Lights!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 8:29 pm

After a final recount showed Gore won Florida, and a Supreme Court decision that the court declared should not be used as precedent, we had a problem. Still do.

Your guy has a problem because he's losing.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 8:49 pm

For the record, I made no claims about whistleblowers or any such thing, it's actually a very firmly established credibility argument in philosophy: if you're willing to cheat, why should someone believe your honesty?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 8:54 pm

Stupid laws

You've spent how many pages attacking the source? We get it; move on, please.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 9:00 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Stupid laws

You've spent how many pages attacking the source? We get it; move on, please.

When you gain moderator authority then you can force me, until then I'll continue the argument how I see fit, seeing as how it pertains to the topic and all. You're welcome to ignore as well.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 9:13 pm

Obviously, but that doesn't make it bad advice.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 9:36 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Obviously, but that doesn't make it bad advice.

Never said it was, merely that I would exercise my own judgement.