Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

E7ernal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2007, 12:28 pm

At the moment I'm obsessed with music. It's the current obsession which keeps me going. I do other things for entertainment (forum hopping, TV, Cinema, Occasional gaming etc) but the most prominent thing in my life currently is music.
Do any of you feel the same way? Do you go through phases of music which you listen to or do you stick with one genre? Or is there some other obsession which keeps you from ending it all?

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 12:33 pm

Yes I go through phases of listening to certain music or musicians, but I don't really consider that an obsession in most cases. There are tings, like when I absolutely haveto get all the CDs I can of that particular music or musicians and it becomes a priority, btu that's not always the case. But music's been a huge part of my life as long as I can remember. That's just how I am.

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 12:41 pm

I love music and think it is the best thing in the world. I also can get obsessed with a certain band or type of music also.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 12:57 pm

I find that it's music that I live for. 8)

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 12:59 pm

I think music probably comes third after Flo and history.
But I actually live for my family really.
Although music has helped me a lot when I've been depressed.

foxman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2007, 1:47 pm

Music has always been what I lived for. Strange thoughts...whenever I think about dying (like when I get on an airplane) my first regret is always my viola, a feeling of sadness like..."but I would be leaving my viola behind...what would it do without me?"

technically, my viola relly wouldn't do much without me...mostly just sit there, silent and unmoving.

E7ernal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2007, 1:54 pm

foxman wrote:
"but I would be leaving my viola behind...what would it do without me?"

I guess it would get a bit lonely. Maybe it could join an orchestra?

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2007, 5:43 pm

...Being homeless :cry: ...I've been , at least close to , music-less :( ...

ButchCoolidge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2007, 6:23 pm

Music is pretty much what keeps me going. I am probably the happiest when I am completely lost in the melodies and harmonies and all of those beautiful pitch colors and intoxicating rhythms...

My main genre has traditionally been 60's-70's rock and folk with a little bit of modern rock/grunge, metal, and classical to fill in the gaps, and I haven't really wavered from that general breakdown in many years. I listen to a lot of my favorites over and over... in fact, I'm not an expert on many musical artists, but the ones I do know, I know really well. However, I am always trying new things, rotating them in and out of the playlist.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 7:27 pm

I love music but I definantly am not obsessed with it and dont live for it.

SunChild1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2007, 9:19 pm

Music is what I live for and what keeps me going. When i'm truly depressed its the only thing that can get to me. It makes me feel things I wouldn't be able to otherwise. I tend to stick to the same genres but I am always trying out new bands and sounds. Then when I find one I connect with
I have to buy all the albums as soon as possible. Well if i don't have the money I download them. :roll: Discovering new bands is almost an obsession in itself. As is obessively organising my music collection.

mouapp
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2007, 1:48 am

SunChild1969 wrote:
Discovering new bands is almost an obsession in itself. As is obessively organising my music collection.

yea looking into new bands is defiantly a hobby of mine

i dont usually switch genres, i just listen to what i feel like at the time ..... but sometimes i do become obsessed with a band or a sound

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 2:27 am

Been my one lifelong obsession.

Miranda
Raven
Raven

15 May 2007, 3:25 pm

I can't say it's saved my life or anything that extreme, but I love music. The weird thing is I have little patience to sit through television shows and movies, but I ccould probably sit there for hours doing nothing but listening to music without getting bored.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 3:38 pm

Music is the most intricate and beautiful form of art that human beings can create.