Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Mr_Ischezawa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2016, 4:00 pm

Hi, I've long been aware of this site but only recently have I seriously considered I may have Aspergers or some form of ASD.

I don't have an official diagnosis (but do for Social Anxiety Disorder) but thought this would be an interesting place to hang out online anyway, and have a few questions and things to discuss, but thought I should perhaps say hello first.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 4:03 pm

Welcome! What are your interests?

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 4:25 pm

Mr_Ischezawa wrote:
Hi, I've long been aware of this site but only recently have I seriously considered I may have Aspergers or some form of ASD.

I have a few questions and things to discuss, but thought I should perhaps say hello first.

Must be catching. Hello dual Englander, Welcome to the jet lagged forums! :jocolor:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 7:28 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

bluevector
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Oct 2016, 7:37 pm

Hi from another part of England. I'm also new, I got told about this forum by my aspie partner.
recently been given the 'ASD traits' diagnosis to go with varied other brain things (they don't diagnose adults with autism in my area anymore because apparently we all died out. Unfortunately I didn't get the memo :roll: )

Mr_Ischezawa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Oct 2016, 2:02 am

Thanks for the welcome all, and good to know there are some fellow Brits on the boards :)

I'm working full time from home at the moment which rules out a lot of the problems I used to get - if I'm ever forced out into the social work world again then I will definitely look into getting an official diagnosis.

My interests are mainly films and TV - I find films especially are the thing that calms me down when anxiety is high, especially when seen in the cinema. I go to the cinema a lot on my own and enjoy it, sometimes with others but I've lost touch with my cinema buddies over the last year or so and always find going alone most relaxing without the pressure to talk about it afterwards.

Also love reading, read lots of books on psychology, and other fiction / non-fiction, but I get distracted easily so I've started more books than I've finished recently. I'm going to take a reading holiday next year and devote a week or two to just reading.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Oct 2016, 3:31 am

So interesting! A warm welcome to WP and hoping you'll enjoy the forums and make some online friends here.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 4:07 am

Welcome!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 4:16 pm

Hey Mr Ischezawa welcome. :sunny:

fourcandles
Raven
Raven

23 Oct 2016, 5:13 pm

Welcome from Scotland! Here, have a deep-fried Mars bar... :)