Family Murder Autistic Children in Suicide

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 10:42 pm

A family of four, including two children with autism, who were found dead in their northern Sydney home died as a result of a murder-suicide, police say.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-18/p ... hs/7941652

The father rigged the house with gas cylinders and pumped carbon monoxide asphixiating himself, his wife and two children.

The story has touched a nerve among families of autistic kids who claim the government is not doing enough to support carers

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 12:56 am

No excuses, autistic kids were murdered, disability advocates say

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 5:33 pm

The family were in the process of divorcing, so not specifically directed at his autistic kids, but more the actions of a demented husband getting back at his wife.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 5:44 pm

History of abuse or alleged abuse?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 5:54 pm

As I see it, support for children is as good as it ever was--but parents always want more for their kids.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 7:30 pm

had nothing to do with the kids being autistic. he would have done the same thing even if the kids weren't autistic.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 10:43 pm

Yes agree the father had ulterior motives and killing the children may have been aimed at getting back at his wife. But the Australian media have turned this story into a debate about why the mother could not cope with two autistic kids and why she wanted to go back to Colombia (away from the husband) to get back to her extended family.

Unfortunately the kids were innocent bystanders caught in the middle

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 1:12 am

Oh man, not another one :evil:

Pravda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Oct 2016, 2:05 am

It does look more like severely messed up husband murdering his wife and children because she damaged his fragile ego by threatening divorce.

Regardless of the cause, f**k that guy. If there's a hell, I hope he's rotting in it.

Don't believe the gender tag. I was born intersex and identify as queer, girl-leaning. So while I can sometimes present as an effeminate guy, that's less than half the time and if anything I'd prefer it say "female" of the two choices offered. I can't change it though, it's bugged.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2016, 12:59 am

Brother of Sydney woman 'gassed to death by husband' wants to know why calls for help were ignored

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 2:20 am

[edited]
I get so sick of people defending parents at all costs. This is one of the most disgusting articles I have ever read.