2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominations

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 1:09 am

Rolling Stone

Quote:
The nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Class of 2017 are in, and the list includes Pearl Jam, Tupac Shakur, Depeche Mode, Electric Light Orchestra, Jane's Addiction, Janet Jackson, Journey, the Cars, the Zombies and Yes. The rest of this year's hopefuls are Bad Brains, Chaka Khan, Chic, J. Geils Band, Joan Baez, Joe Tex, Kraftwerk, MC5 and Steppenwolf. The top vote-getters will be announced in December and inducted next April at a ceremony at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. HBO will broadcast the ceremony later in the year.

A diverse and mostly deserving group for the music of the rock era Hall of Fame. Disagree strongly with Journey. We called them "corporate rock" for a reason. Besides sales nothing really distinguises them from the parade of hard rock acts that came out of the ' 70's. Disagree with Steppenwolf, two great hits should not make you a hall of famer. Zombies similar. Not sure about Janet Jackson. The problem is me not her work. I can not seperate her enough from her brother.

Pleasently surprised ELO is here. They have always been slagged off as poor Beatles imitators. I never agreed with that, they have a very unique sound that had not been done before or since.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman