Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 3:51 am

I wasn't diagnosed by it.
I never had it to begin with. I never had it as a child nor as a teenager.

However, I might've developed it quite recently. 4 years ago give or take.
It gets worse when I'm stressed or overwhelmed.

It's also stacked by poor verbal recall, increasingly poor auditory memory, slow processing, working memory and short term memory issues...

The worst I had was before the pandemic.
It was a really baffling moment -- I can't even understand what I had just said, yet I know what I said and it was accurate.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 10:53 am

I wasn't diagnosed but i can't understand people when they talk too fast. I am slow at processing what they say i try to remember what they said and replay it on my mind.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 2:09 pm

I wasn't diagnosed with an auditory processing issue, though I saw problems relating to one were mentioned in some of the notes from teachers to my parents and stuff like that. I still have some problems processing other people's speech, and I used to be incapable of properly catching what people were saying in songs and on movies/shows. I also still get confused super easily, because if I don't intensely focus on what someone is saying then my brain seems to just swap out sounds and words and make things partially unintelligible.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 6:15 am

I have seen an audiologist and been told that my hearing was excellent, higher and lower ranges than normal register just fine. But I have audio processing of only 35th percentile. Diagnosed by a neurologist, not an audiologist. My audio processing is in the information I gather from my hearing after I hear it, and what the rest of my brain does to it before any of it registers. Evidently I have very acute hearing but can't understand most things I hear "in real time" due to my neurology. Hearing and processing are two different things. Did you have an audiologist who told you you had audio processing disorder? Please explain!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 4:28 am

autisticelders wrote:
Hearing and processing are two different things. Did you have an audiologist who told you you had audio processing disorder? Please explain!

I was diagnosed with Central Auditory Processing Deficit by an audiologist. She also used ICD code H93.299, which stands for "abnormal auditory perception, unspecified ear." Just like you, my hearing is quite acute.

I assume I didn't get diagnosed with CAPD because I did well on most of the auditory processing exam. There were Monaural processing tests, Temporal processing tests, and Binaural processing tests, and only my Binaural processing was abnormal.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 8:54 pm

I've never been diagnosed but suspect I have some kind of auditory processing issue.
Judging by how many times I have to ask people to repeat what they said.
And my inability to use satnav because I never catch what it says and (annoyingly) it doesn't repeat itself when asked.