Has anyone never showed emotion to changes

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

10 May 2007, 2:53 pm

I remember when I was a kid, there be things that would upset me or I didn't like but I would show no emotion or feelings.
I remember the time when I was five, my mother had me take all my clothes out of my dresser and put them on my bed and she brought the dresser down to our garage and had it in the garage sale. I remember I disliked what I did and I didn’t like she got rid of my dresser and my little night stand and some of my toys such as my Mega Blacks. It was very upsetting but yet I never protested or never cried and threw a tantrum because of the huge change.
When I go to school and the schedule be different, I find it very stressful and see it as a bad day but yet I didn’t show my feelings.
I can remember when I was seven it was after recess and it was supposed to be story time but instead the teacher skipped onto doing school work and I was upset but I didn’t cry or even have a meltdown over a change.
I always hated my school doing barbeques because the cooking was outdoors and you go to eat outside and parents got to come and eat with their kids but I didn’t show any feelings to disliking the whole thing.
When I reached puberty I started to show my feelings and emotions to changes.
Did any of you guys not show you emotions or feelings either to things that upset you or made you uncomfortable?

Last edited by likedcalico on 10 May 2007, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 2:57 pm

Yes. Also, until about the 11th or 12th grade, when I started trying to find things exciting, at school, if there was an "exciting" event going on, such as a pep rally, I wouldn't get excited.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 3:05 pm

I get like that now. If theres an all of a sudden change, I know Its upsetting me, and its killing me inside, but nobody could ever tell, because I don't tantrum or show any kind of a anger at all. It just sits inside me.

madscientist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 May 2007, 3:12 pm

Yes. I've developed compensating skills for virtually all the socially objectionable aspects of AS, and the ability to block anger or frustration at unwanted change is a big one. I still have my moments, to be sure, but for the most part keep it locked up inside. Probably not the healthiest thing in the long run, but it prevents a lot of problems.

10 May 2007, 3:43 pm

Is it also an AS thing to not show emotion or feelings to things you don't like such as changes in routine or schdeule?

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 3:45 pm

Yeah when I was 9 my mother died and my fathers girlfriend moved in. When she did she took most of our furniture and burned it in a giant bonfire. Even at that age I understood she was only doing it to "mark her territory" because the furniture had all been picked out by my mother and was stuff we had had since I was born.

While I didn't show any outward sign of emotion that didn't make it any less traumatic (now that I think about it I didn't show any reaction to my mothers death either).

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 5:24 pm

I usually freak out when something small changes, but I'm okay during really big changes usually, because the bigger things usually happen for a reason I guess. Small things drive me crazy.