Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2016, 9:46 pm

I want to openly admit that I hate God. If he truly cared for his own beautiful creations, he would have let the crooks who are in control of the world suffer so badly and the weak prosper. But it's the opposite. What an idiot. Sometimes I'd rather just be punished for sticking to my assertion about him. And with elections, it seems like the "bad" party (the democrats) has an unbeatable majority. I don't hate all democrats or liberals, but does anybody still appreciate republicans or conservatives anymore? I think God personally sides with the democrats and allowed them to do the most wicked things (scandals, etc.).

I sum it up by saying that I hate him even if he's just a cosmic being. Hillary is going to do horrible things when elected. God gave us Obama as a punishment.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2016, 9:57 pm

I turned an atheist recently in just the past 2 weeks. I think science and biology can explain our ways in a way religion simply can't One of the reasons why I started to dislike the prospect of God was the nature cycle. Why must a living animal only ever be allowed to survive at the expense of another organism?

Out of interest do you happen to a be a christian?

Ishi2
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2016, 10:21 pm

I am also an atheist but I study the bible as more of a history book rather than a source of reliable information.

Here's a good resource on the Bible and politics in case you're interested.

Farbeit for me or anyone else to tell you how to think. The best piece of advice I can give you, though, is to do the research yourself. Read the Bible, interpret it how you will. Don't just take your pastor's word at face value. All s/he'll do is give you the goody-goody verses and leave out the parts s/he can't explain away.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 12:58 am

By all means hate a non-existent god... but by all means try not to convince anyone that a (potential) rapist of a child and who knows how many adults is somehow your stupid god's way...

Honestly...

Obama was a breath of fresh air, it's your brain that is punishing you...

Here's a hint on the polls and ideology: your candidate is not Republican or conservative, he's fascist.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 1:01 am

K_Kelly wrote:
I want to openly admit that I hate God. If he truly cared for his own beautiful creations, he would have let the crooks who are in control of the world suffer so badly and the weak prosper. But it's the opposite. What an idiot. Sometimes I'd rather just be punished for sticking to my assertion about him. And with elections, it seems like the "bad" party (the democrats) has an unbeatable majority. I don't hate all democrats or liberals, but does anybody still appreciate republicans or conservatives anymore? I think God personally sides with the democrats and allowed them to do the most wicked things (scandals, etc.).

I sum it up by saying that I hate him even if he's just a cosmic being. Hillary is going to do horrible things when elected. God gave us Obama as a punishment.

That's what the media wants you to think and we already know the media is as crooked as Hillary. Things happen because we have free will. You answer for what you've done later.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Last edited by nurseangela on 26 Oct 2016, 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 1:03 am

nurseangela wrote:
That's what the media wants you to think and we already know the media is as crooked as Hillary.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 1:06 am

Mootoo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
That's what the media wants you to think and we already know the media is as crooked as Hillary.

I don't think Waldo would wear one of those even though he would look adorable.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 10:29 am

K_Kelly wrote:

I don't presume to understand the nature of God, but I think such a being would look at our politics, if at all, in a much bigger picture. We can never truly know the repercussions of a course of action like a being such as God could. I think your hate would be better directed toward your fellow man, if at all. Hate is an unproductive emotion, I try to change it to frustration and then try to see how I, an individual, can act in accord with rightness as I perceive it.

But I can totally see how one might feel as if in a cosmic clusterf**k having to put up with American politics rights now.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 12:38 pm

As the old phrase goes.. ''life is what you make of it".

It honestly feels like you expect god to just fix your problems? or just make it easier for you? If God intended that- life here on Earth for everyone would be heaven already. Think about that for a while.

Life isnt easy- especially for people that have autism and/or other issues, but blaming God isn't going to do much. Blaming other people wont do much each in the long run. If you have problems with someone- do something about it in a mature manner. If not- its probably best to move on.

As for Hillary Clinton- in my view she will wreck USA less than Trump will. Obama would've gotten a hell of a lot more done if the republicans hadnt been so immature. USA honestly needs to be more united. Its pretty sickening how democrats and republicans still cant compromise very well. But it comes down to greed, corruption and money as the bottom lines for why big issues havent been fixed in USA yet. Imagine if compromises happened- major issues like homeless, gun control, crime and so on would be either fixed by now or a ton better. It's very unfortunate how corrupt USA politics is on both sides.

SKONG
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2016, 1:32 pm

K_Kelly wrote:

Smoke crack and worship Satan(intead). 8)

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 2:19 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
...God gave us Obama as a punishment.

I'll take 8 more years of that "punishment" please.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 5:36 pm

Which "God"?

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 3:39 pm

If there is no God, then there is nothing to hate.

If there is a God, then that God is ultimately responsible for every hateful thing, idea and process and would therefore be ultimately hateful were it not for the complicating fact that that God would also be ultimately responsible for every lovely thing, idea and process and so also ultimately lovely.

Alternatively, God created a sandbox cosmos and released autonomous entities into it, not knowing what decisions they would make or how they would evolve. Such a God could not be held responsible for the individual bad ideas of the free willed beings in that universe but neither is such a God the direct interventionist often imagined by religious people.

Since there is no compelling evidence of divine intervention in the day to day affairs of human beings, perhaps it's a waste of time to contemplate the degree of God's culpability for the circumstances humans find themselves in. Perhaps it would be better just to try to exercise your personal power to minimize the harm you do and to actively make things better whenever possible and also to encourage a similar ethic in your fellow human beings.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 7:09 pm

I understand that the differences between democrats/liberals and conservatives are important to your daily life, but rest assured, the remaining part of the world only marginally cares whether the country that's supporting dictators over democratically elected leaders, waging war in the name of free trade but taking advantage of economically weaker societies and exploiting them, whether that country, which prides itself on human rights but denies these to oeople it assassinates or takes prisoner- the remaining part of the world doesn't care which party is at power.

take a look around. what god would allow any empire, be it the roman, the mughal, the british or now the american to rule the rest?

I'm a die hard agnostic and live as atheist, and I wonder what god created you so US- and self-centered.

we're witnessing the change of economic system. the one that was in place fir the last 40 years doesn't work anymore, but we don't know what should come next. interesting times, but at least in the west, people are by and large not starving. thank your god for that, maybe?

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 7:34 pm

Well, I was going to say much but it looks like you guys already summed it up.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 9:04 pm

K_Kelly and Campin_Cat wrote:
I want to openly admit that I hate God. If he truly cared for his own beautiful creations, he would have let the crooks who are in control of the world suffer so badly and the weak prosper. But it's the opposite.

Everybody, nowadays, wants everything, RIGHT NOW. God promised us the bad would be punished, and the good would be rewarded; and, I trust Him to do that.

What an idiot.

Sometimes I'd rather just be punished for sticking to my assertion about him.

These two statements come-across as an "I'm gonna stomp my feet now, cuz I didn't get my way", remark.

And with elections, it seems like the "bad" party (the democrats) has an unbeatable majority. I don't hate all democrats or liberals, but does anybody still appreciate republicans or conservatives anymore? I think God personally sides with the democrats and allowed them to do the most wicked things (scandals, etc.).

Thinking that God would exert so much energy on American politics is ludicrous, IMO----AND, actually, SELFISH. Surely, you don't think our politics is so important----what with so many peoples in the world, hurting, starving, dying etc. Wouldn't you rather God was there to comfort THEM?

God doesn't "side" with ANYONE, in the way you're meaning it----and, He doesn't "allow" people to do things, in the way you're meaning----He gave us free will. This attitude of blaming God is often expressed by people when bad things happen to good people, for instance----but, if people didn't have free will, they'd be complaining about THAT.

Think about it, THIS way..... When you were growing-up, weren't there times when you wanted your father / mother / guardian / whomever to let you make your own decision, about whatever? Then, if you made a wrong / bad decision, did you blame the person who allowed you the freedom to make the decision? If you DID hold it against the person who allowed you to make that decision, that was terribly unfair----AND, you should've, INSTEAD, been lookin' in the mirror!

That's ANOTHER problem, nowadays----people don't wanna take responsibility for THEIR role in when a situation goes badly.

IMO, God doesn't "give us" anything, in the way you're meaning----PEOPLE elected President Obama; you're making God, the patsy.