Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ULTEX
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Oct 2016, 1:05 am

This is for anyone one with Aspergers, who has original music they have produced. Post it here.

This is what I have that I am proud to post.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 9:43 am

I'm pretty proud of this one.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 12:24 am

One of mine...

ULTEX
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Nov 2016, 12:24 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
I'm pretty proud of this one.

In my honest opinion, this is some music that would work great for a video game main menu screen, or maybe movie's main theme.

I have also delved into EDM.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 5:15 am

ULTEX wrote:
In my honest opinion, this is some music that would work great for a video game main menu screen, or maybe movie's main theme.

If only you knew how much I get that comment. The funny thing is that I don't compose music with the intention of making it suitable for video games, and yet, most of my tracks apparently end up sounding like they would be. :P

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 10:10 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
ULTEX wrote:

If only you knew how much I get that comment. The funny thing is that I don't compose music with the intention of making it suitable for video games, and yet, most of my tracks apparently end up sounding like they would be. :P

If you're getting those kinds of comments, then you should start submitting to music libraries. I haven't had enough time to put enough work into it myself, BUT there is a ton of money yet to be made in the licensing business.

Just remember: "Exclusive" licenses are almost always a bad deal. Unless you already have a good relationship with a TV, film, or game company, don't do it. Exclusive licenses bind your work to a single project. The real money is getting placement everywhere possible (tv, radio, internet, etc.). If you are already well-connected with a director or game developer you don't have to worry about getting work. Little people like myself have no such luxury.

Also, join a PRO (I'm in BMI) as soon as you can. They help make sure you get what you deserve and help with networking.

Best of luck!