Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2016, 7:41 pm

I am an MTF transgender and I'm currently trying to self-teach myself to have a feminine voice. Is there any methods I can use to sound more feminine?

My current voice sound more like your average action-adventure movie hero (Example: Alladin from Disney's Alladin)

The feminine voice that I am trying to obtain is that of a tomboy-ish girl (Example: Buttercup from Powerpuff girls)

Hope you can help me on my pursuit. :) :heart:

Thank you. :wink:

-Silvera

-Thomas Jefferson

ThatGirlInTheTower
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Oct 2016, 1:24 am

I would also very much like to hear any tips! As for tips of my own, make the voice you're going for the voice you "hear" in your thoughts. So like, have Buttercup narrate your thoughts, haha. I've been able to make my voice a decent bit lighter over the past year or so just from making my voice a pitch or two higher in everyday talking when I can remember to. A pitch or two iss subtle enough that people won't really notice, and eventually you'll have your normal speaking voice at a pitch or two higher. Singing is something I enjoy, and I usually push my voice to go higher when I'm doing that. Hmm... If you have an iDevice, there's an app called Christella MtF for this. You get the first few lessons or tutorials or whatever free, and I'll be starting to try that this week if you want me to report back with a review. Good luck!~