JFK assassination - and others - anniversary discussion .

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you remember hearing of John F. Kennedy's murder on 11/22/63 , the day it happened ??
No . 67%  67%  [ 8 ]
Yes (If so , please tell us your memory .) . 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 12

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 1:41 pm

I subscribe to Time magazine and with the subscription you can look at all thier back issues. Since there are parallels between '68 and this year I have been reading through the back issues from the 60's and '68 in partiticular from Time and other media for the express purpose of refreshing my memory. As I said the vast majority of the time it was negro, but the change was starting as I did see black on occassion. I believe on the street black had taken over. The media called Muhammad Ali, Cassius Clay for about 3 years after he changed his name.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 1:42 pm

...Test post...........
KK , that's because you were in " cool " NYC ~ up on the latest developments :P ! !! !! !! !! !!
I assume some here know that , now , in usage among many African-Americans , " negro " is an insult aimed at other African/Americans- Either general fool/nebbish " or " someone playing up a little too much with the white power structure " - However , I remember the African/American writer Stanley Crouch , as late as the 90s , using " Negro " as a neutral descriptive phrase in the column he had and I read in the New York Daily News then .
Hey , speaking of NYC tabs , KK ~ Has the New York Post officially endorsed Trump in the pPresidentail race , as they did at the primary level ?
The last I read they had not as of yet .

kraftiekortie wrote:
My recollection is that black people were "negroes" in 1967, then became "black" in 1968.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 2:37 pm

I really admire Martin Luther King and the Black Panthers because they blazed a lot of trails for the black people.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 8:17 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I really admire Martin Luther King and the Black Panthers because they blazed a lot of trails for the black people.

I think most of us do.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 2:59 pm

I don't care for the Black Panthers too much.

LOL....I wasn't in "cool" New York. I was in insular "Queens." Queens and Manhattan were two totally different worlds.

And I was only 7 in 1968. I would have gotten my butt kicked if I called a black person a "negro."

I'm not sure about the Post endorsement. I know the Post had their qualms about Trump.