Hi I'm an Aspie and a Christian. Any other Christian Aspies?

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Cherina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2017, 1:15 am

Yes I would say a family link is probable as well. :) Even if my generation were mostly unaware of ASD, it doesn't mean it didn't exist. I don't think it's such a new thing that people have, so much as it's been under diagnosed especially I women.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2017, 6:29 pm

^I agree

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

Tia_W
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Dec 2017, 6:11 pm

Hi, I'm an Aspie and a Christian too. My favorite verse is, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

My favorite Christian song is, "How Great is our God." My other favorite music is Trance. :P

I believe angels have saved my life many times. Once I even heard her speaking to me. I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in demons and that they walk among us mostly unseen. I believe this because of some of the things they try to put in my head, like suicidal thoughts or ideas that no one cares for or loves me. These are lies, I know, but sometimes when I am really struggling, they creep in and I find myself beginning to believe them. I am thankful that I have family and friends who are praying for me or who knows what I would have done.

Tia_W
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Dec 2017, 6:19 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
Everyone was once new, the journey of discovery and new understanding is part of it. There is probable reason to believe autism is genetic. Without involving gene pairing talk into this thread, I can simply say, a family with one autistic person often has many, and a family with no autistics often never ends up so. Unless someone with a family history of autism is thrown into the gene pool, it will likely remain that way. I have a paternal 1st cousin with low functioning, non verbal autism, my dad has aspie like traits but not nearly enough for a diagnosis, and I have a maternal 1st cousin who’s parents suspect he has high functioning autism.

As far as I know, there is no one else in my family with autism, but that doesn't mean there wasn't. My maternal grandmother had schizophrenia, but I don't think the two are related.

Cherina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2017, 1:48 am

Hi Tia_W I love your profile pic :) My family and I love Dr Who :) Mainly started watching from the new ones with Christopher Eccleson. My Father's Dad apparently have manic depression, he suicide when I was around 4 or a bit younger. I don't know that side very well, only re met my Dad a few years ago.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2017, 3:40 pm

JennyFord901 wrote:
Hi I'm Jenny I'm 29 years old and I'm a single Christian lady with Asperger's. I'm looking to make friends with other Aspies who are Christians as well. So if you are Christian and Aspie please let me know and hopefully we can be friends... I like to read, write, blog and go for walks. My favorite color is pink. I have a calico cat named Princess. I'm naturally shy, quiet and introverted. I was born in Canada but now I live in California. I'm not sure what else to say about myself if there's anything else about me that you wanna know please ask.

Hello, I'm a Catholic revert, of Mestizo Latin American Ancestry. (I'm actually about to post a thread on here, discussing my family's history.) I reverted to the Catholic just over a year ago and am now a Traditional Catholic with a strong devotion to Mary. I like reading & writing, going on the internet, and praying and meditating. I have passion for history, mostly antiquity and early modern history, although I'm now starting to get interested in Medieval history. I was born in Calgary, Alberta and now live in the Columbia-Kootenay region of British Columbia. I'm don't think I have anything to ask you, so for now, I'll just have you ask me questions, if you're interested in talking to me.