Hi I'm an Aspie and a Christian. Any other Christian Aspies?

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2017, 4:11 pm

Here’s a link. Answers in Genesis is an apologetics ministry. Their founder is Ken Ham, the Bill Nye of creationists. (He has actually participated in a few debates with him)
Answers in Genesis

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2017, 4:36 pm

I’ll break it down some more, by topic:
Age of the Earth
Animals
Bible
Creation
Evolution
God
Science
Worldview

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2017, 12:49 pm

Oh no! 8O I scared everyone away! Must. Keep. Obsessions. To. Self.

Almost_OK
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Nov 2017, 5:40 am

Hi guys, I'm also new here. I was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago and am still coming to terms with it. I used to think I was quite OK, lived with depression but so do many, and that my relationship struggles and the ever busy mind was normal. Now I know differently, and it's hard to know I'm different. I keep questioning my words and actions now that I know it may not be viewed as normal by other people. Yes, sure, I did a good job of pretending to be normal. But now I know my diagnosis I don't feel like acting any longer. And that has implications - can I now suddenly just tell the kids to quit yelling and go lie down? No, I can't. I have to stay strong and sort out their situations. Same with my husband. He now knows that I'm not an intuitive, emotional person. But he says that doesn't give me an excuse not to try. It's just so hard. I don't even understand myself half of the time, how can I begin to understand how other people think.
Also, I've been a Believer since I was little and am still. But for someone literal-minded it's a bit hard to grasp concepts such as grace and the vastness of God's love for us. My heart believes, but my mind asks questions. Prayer is also a bit abstract, you know? How do you guys experience it? I know in my heart that the Lord hears me and I've experienced answered prayers, but some days I can't get my prayers to go beyond my own skull.
I'm just a bit overwhelmed right now.

ConfusedVoice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2017, 1:42 pm

I'm Christian too but I struggle with my faith because my husband is atheist and died once before for 7 minutes. He says it was just like turning off a light switch. However, I believe in ghosts since my brother and I both saw my grandmother at the same time after she died but I think that ghosts and angels could be the same thing. I get anxiety thinking about what happens after you die. I struggle with the what ifs. What if no one remembers me, what if no one cares. I try to go back to my faith but I overanalyze too much. Where did God come from? Is he a person like us or is he an intelligent gas or an alien being? Was there nothing before him? How did he become God?
Any other Christian's struggle with an overly analytical brain and their faith?

Diagnosed with severe ADHD and High Functioning Aspergers.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 154 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 55 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

12 Nov 2017, 4:02 pm

I'm a Christian but I don't really go to church that much. I would love to go to church more often though because it makes me feel happy! :D

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2017, 9:06 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Welcome! I'm a Lutheran :D . I'm shy and introverted as well!

but you are only 14.

poor kid, was it mom or dad that forced you into christianity ?

eeVenye
Raven
Raven

13 Nov 2017, 12:35 pm

Christian from a more systematic church tradition here.

Really, really want to say more, but IRL (non-)disclosure is a factor, sorry.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 1:56 pm

ConfusedVoice wrote:
(...) but I think that ghosts and angels could be the same thing (...)

You asked numerous interesting questions and I'll try to say something about them later. But the partial sentence I quoted above got my attention. It's a common belief shared by many that angels once were dead people, especially young children who died too early. This is a lovely and warm idea... but, no. Whatever angels are (and I do believe they exist) they certainly never were "one of us". Angels are created beings, God's messengers who appear to people as need arises. Some people claim frequent encounters with angels, others never see them. Both are all right. One shouldn't be worried if one is a devout Christian who has never seen a glimpse of an angel. They only appear when they have something important to tell us humans, and they always carry God's messages.

Welcome to WP.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2017, 12:55 am

Welcome to WP almost_ok, confusedvoice, and eeVenye.

Cherina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2017, 9:19 pm

Hi, this is my very first post, am a Christian, married with 3 kids, my daughter is an aspire, due to her diagnosis I have looked into and firmly believe I am too, insomniac since a baby, racing mind, poor eye contact, slow processing skills, people think I'm stuck up and snobby, but I just thought I was nervous and shy, pick up and mimic accents all the time esp English. My two sons, one has ADD and anxiety, the other possibility ASD with tic's, but he's just starting his diagnosis. I thought my lack of social skills were due to being abused and having an alcoholic Step father, that is until my kids were diagnosed.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2017, 11:24 pm

Greetings Cherina and welcome! Many people here can understand what you go through. Wishing you luck through your struggles, mental health and mothering alike

Cherina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2017, 10:46 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
Greetings Cherina and welcome! Many people here can understand what you go through. Wishing you luck through your struggles, mental health and mothering alike

Thank you :) It is all so new to me, even though I have basically felt a bit different all my life, and wondered at my lack keeping a lot of friend, this surprised me. My nephews are both on the spectrum, so it seem to be in my family. My kids even though a little difficult never seemed different to me, but I guess I wouldn't since I see myself in them :) A friend of mine who has two aspires, had noticed traits in us all, even before any diagnosis :)

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2017, 11:09 pm

Everyone was once new, the journey of discovery and new understanding is part of it. There is probable reason to believe autism is genetic. Without involving gene pairing talk into this thread, I can simply say, a family with one autistic person often has many, and a family with no autistics often never ends up so. Unless someone with a family history of autism is thrown into the gene pool, it will likely remain that way. I have a paternal 1st cousin with low functioning, non verbal autism, my dad has aspie like traits but not nearly enough for a diagnosis, and I have a maternal 1st cousin who’s parents suspect he has high functioning autism.

Cherina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2017, 1:15 am

Yes I would say a family link is probable as well. :) Even if my generation were mostly unaware of ASD, it doesn't mean it didn't exist. I don't think it's such a new thing that people have, so much as it's been under diagnosed especially I women.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2017, 6:29 pm

^I agree