Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 9:30 am

Due to restructuring in my office they have laid off one of the office assistants and dividing the remaining work between the two remaining assistants (including myself). So far because of the added work load I have had to put off doctor's appointments for various reasons and in the process had a meltdown in my bosses office today.

I started telling her that I want to be a team player but having to put off my personal and very important needs has put me in such a state right now that I feel totally ineffective.

I started crying and hyperventilating. She told me that she has always told me to tell her before things reach this point but I have a hard time realizing when things have built up until they literally go boom. I dont know why I wait until I reach this point.

She told me if i wanted to I could go home at midday.

Anyone deal with a major meltdown at work?

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 10:18 am

I've had meltdowns before.

I hate to say it: but you really seem to have a boss who is more understanding than most bosses.

I'm sorry this happened; I understand that "pent-up" feeling very well.

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 10:32 am

Yes, she is very understanding which is also one of the reasons why I did disclose my diagnosis to her. I kind of feel bad now for having a meltdown. But, things had reached a boiling point. I didn't know what to do or how to handle my feelings. At least it was in her office behind a closed door and not at my desk.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 10:44 am

I agree; it was better that it wasn't in front of the other employees.

They must value you there very much.