Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 9:34 pm

Did anyone else download this update? I don't have any Amiibos, nor a NFC reader, but I've been enjoying the campground and ordered exciting stuff from the vans there and I enjoy checking for new tasks every day so I can earn more MEOW points.

It has really given even more life to my dear New Leaf game.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 8:27 pm

haven't downloaded it yet!

(not enough room on my 3ds.....im clearing space haha)

i have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Marth, Ink boy, Ink girl, Samus, Villager and Marth as amiibo's.....wonder if any of them work haha. gonna properly download it tonight.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 9:53 pm

I really hope Switch gets a decent Animal Crossing game. I can't do handheld games well so I missed out on several of them :(

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 1:34 am

Earthbound wrote:
I really hope Switch gets a decent Animal Crossing game. I can't do handheld games well so I missed out on several of them :(

Agreed.

I've always liked Animal Crossing (had the series since the very first game) but.... it's on the 3DS. Nothing against the 3DS, I have one, but I just dont use it all that much since my iPad takes the main role of portable gaming device for me (LOTS of shmups and roguelikes on that thing, which are my favorite genres, among other games).

I'd love to get an AC game on console. Though something tells me it'll be awhile, if it happens at all.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 4:46 pm

I would bet Animal Crossing was in the works for Wii U and it didn't come out since Switch was getting made. Animal Crossing on Switch would be a nice launch title.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 6:55 am

Misery wrote:
Earthbound wrote:

Agreed.

I've always liked Animal Crossing (had the series since the very first game) but.... it's on the 3DS. Nothing against the 3DS, I have one, but I just dont use it all that much since my iPad takes the main role of portable gaming device for me (LOTS of shmups and roguelikes on that thing, which are my favorite genres, among other games).

I'd love to get an AC game on console. Though something tells me it'll be awhile, if it happens at all.
I'm not sure why you think AC is less likely to be on console. So far it's been 50/50, with AC for Gamecube, AC City Life for Wii and Wild World and New Leaf respectively for DS and 3DS. Plus the non main series games Amiibo Festival for Wii U and Happy Home Designer for 3DS.
So unless there are AC games I'm not aware of, they have been evenly divided so far.

Personally I hope any new ones will be for 3DS or double release, because I'm a big fan of the handheld, and hardly ever play console games anymore.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 9:19 am

The reason is simple, actually: Player connectivity. The whole ability to go to other players' towns and whatnot.

Something that Nintendo seems to have spotted is that when their games do that sort of thing, it almost always works better in portable format (because players can take the things over to friends' houses, yet still also have the option to go online if they want). It's a similar reason as to why the Monster Hunter series almost universally went to handhelds, despite starting out on consoles. They just work extra good as portable games. Pokemon as well. I remember when people were endlessly clamoring for more Pokemon games on consoles, awhile back, and all they got was one crappy Gamecube entry (really wasnt much good at all). The series stayed on the handhelds, and it's a huge part of the reason why it continues to do so well.

....Also didnt help that the Wii U just wasnt doing well. The question is how much risk is Nintendo going to go for with the Switch early on. An AC game could do very well on there, that thing being what it is... but this is assuming that the console sells well in it's initial runs and picks up faster than the Wii U did. A safer move would be to put the game on 3DS, because it's practically guaranteed sales there (already very established), yet of course this means non-association with the new gizmo. Hard to tell what they might do.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 7:57 pm

hmmm sadly for me i only have the villager amiibo......does anyone not from the animal crossing series work?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 9:43 am

^ Yes, a few do, like some from Zelda and Splatoon:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-a ... f/74515582

I don't know if there are others that are compatible.

Misery, I never even considered a reason like that. I play solitary so it didn't cross my mind that other people bring the 3DS along to others to play together and visit each others' towns.

I never got around to get a Wii U, but there are still games for it I'd like to play. I don't get why it did so badly, it seemed fine to me, I especially liked the possibility to not hog the TV while playing and better controls than the Wii.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 2:10 pm

OMG I just visited a really beautiful town via Dream Suite. The town had eggs, ore and lots of beautiful greenery. the players' houses were amazing and had a homage to Pokemon especially Lucario. They had also made brick road with images of different Pokeballs.
If anyone else have the Dream Suite, I cannot recommend AuraMist with mayor Lillian highly enough! It was really impressive.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 8:24 pm

nice! i just got inkwell to move into my town, he's awesome and a bit of a sports nut, his room is incredibly splatoon themed haha, i actually own that game which is why i have ink boy and ink girl (i wonder who pops up if i use ink girl) do you know if that hidden storage upgrade for your house gives you unlimited storage or something? because if so i want to get it haha, i need to clean up my town of all the stuff ive dumped in it from having full pockets and storage 24/7.

oh also out of curisoty, i tried the villager amiibo (smash bros) and wisp says "oh i cannot possibly posses someone that legendary! ill see what i can do though!" and a caravan with a number 1 on the side shows up with loads of nintendo themed stuff and a giant gold statue of villager is in there, you can also order the wii u from it (as thats in the room). the villager moving around inside the caravan is actually just wisp himself. so much for " i cant survive like this for long" theory. i wonder if i can get him to move into the town as just wisp

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 9:20 am

I started collecting amiibo cards due to HHD but have stopped recently, need to pick up again because this new update is awesome! I like Harvey, but I bet he smells...

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 7:09 pm

if you have it, hows animal crossing happy home design? ive always wished i could design good looking houses and such but mine always look clunky, i figured the game would allow me to get the furniture i want at will.

im not sure about it, but do you live in the town like you do in new leaf? or is the town more separate?

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 6:10 pm

randomeu wrote:
if you have it, hows animal crossing happy home design? ive always wished i could design good looking houses and such but mine always look clunky, i figured the game would allow me to get the furniture i want at will.

im not sure about it, but do you live in the town like you do in new leaf? or is the town more separate?

HHD is very good, but you don't get the furniture you want right away and there's no way yet of transferring it to NL. You unlock furniture by designing houses for villagers, you get four villagers to choose from every "day" (no actual time here) at random outside Nook's Homes or you scan amiibo cards to get to the villager you want.

No you don't live in the town or design your own home. You help build the town though.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 6:31 pm

EclecticWarrior wrote:
randomeu wrote:

HHD is very good, but you don't get the furniture you want right away and there's no way yet of transferring it to NL. You unlock furniture by designing houses for villagers, you get four villagers to choose from every "day" (no actual time here) at random outside Nook's Homes or you scan amiibo cards to get to the villager you want.

No you don't live in the town or design your own home. You help build the town though.

so its more of a traditional game then? like a load up a save thing (not having to attend to it regularly like AC NL, the world pauses). well i guess we finally find out where the happy home staff go when the shop closes haha

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2016, 6:22 pm

Silly question but what AC game is this update for?