What does it mean to "be an adult??"

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 10:42 am

I'm wrestling with this question over the year. :-( Turning 30 in March wasn't a Ya but depressing! You spent 18-30 doing what with your life??? Games all the time? Despite your parents insistance on looking for PT work while staying on disability. Now I'm fighting to get back on it and CAN'T look for a job. (Lawyer nonsense look for a job = PAY them TONS of money!)

Not to mention filling out applications= meltdown being upset.

Family switches between go relax t.v. video game OR OMG! ALL YOU DO IS PLAY POKEMON ALL DAY! (Which isn't true)

Been sort of depressed for months so even with getting a few new games haven't felt the OCD OMG special interest GOTTA PLAY THIS GAME! As I have before. But?? I CAN! I'm not looking for a job DON'T HAVE TO look for a job! Yet don't feel like gaming! Or anything for that matter!!

:-(

Not sure how to deal with this be "an adult" and "accept?" Where you are in life????

Any help???

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 10:58 am

:s

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 11:11 am

You don't have to do anything but be 18 to be an adult. Everyone ends up going to the same place regardless of their accomplishments, it really doesn't matter in the end. Outside of that, is self employment an option? I made decent money at tech support and was never technical employed in that field. If you have any skills in anyway you might be able to make some money that way or at the least increase self worth.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 4:35 pm

I'm living on my own & struggling being an adult.

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2016, 3:55 pm

I dont feel like an adult some times. I am a husband and father. A lot of people think I am a good one, but I seem to have so little common sense when it comes to dealing with the kids, knowing when it is time to repaint the house, talking to salesmen, etc. A lot of that is handled by my wonderful wife. I am glad she puts up with me.
I could do a lot of this stuff, but she does it so much better and easier. I try to help out with easy stuff like helping clean the house or running errands to the store to make up for some of the load that is on my wife.

theclash123
Raven
Raven

15 Nov 2016, 5:58 am

zeldapsychology wrote:
I'm wrestling with this question over the year. :-( Turning 30 in March wasn't a Ya but depressing! You spent 18-30 doing what with your life??? Games all the time? Despite your parents insistance on looking for PT work while staying on disability. Now I'm fighting to get back on it and CAN'T look for a job. (Lawyer nonsense look for a job = PAY them TONS of money!)

Not to mention filling out applications= meltdown being upset.

Family switches between go relax t.v. video game OR OMG! ALL YOU DO IS PLAY POKEMON ALL DAY! (Which isn't true)

Been sort of depressed for months so even with getting a few new games haven't felt the OCD OMG special interest GOTTA PLAY THIS GAME! As I have before. But?? I CAN! I'm not looking for a job DON'T HAVE TO look for a job! Yet don't feel like gaming! Or anything for that matter!!

:-(

Not sure how to deal with this be "an adult" and "accept?" Where you are in life????

Any help???

Your depression hasn't gotten any worse has it?