Page 39 of 40 [ 631 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 4:45 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It seems that Trump is the type who's not much Christian but suddenly became a devout Christian since joining the GOP :mrgreen: .
I think Obama did the same thing years ago when he joined the Democrats. I know that the Democrat party isn't as devout but he knew he needed to pretend to be Christian to appease the general population / swing voters / middle americans.

I think the two most recent presidents are closeted atheists and one day there might be an openly atheist president.

Well, plating your entire home with gold is certainly too un-Protestant/Evangelical.
Very true. If he wants to do that he should be either Catholic or Orthodox (but he is descended from a protestant family).
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
What's Trump's stand on Evolution?
He doesn't have one because he knows that either way he'd alienate half of the population.

Thinking about it, it was only in the recent past that Democrats are being called as "The Left" by their rivals, and the Dems indeed have the lefties on their side - I recall things were more spectrum-like in each party (each party having Right to Left) a decade ago or so but now it seems things being more Right vs Left? Christian vs non-Christian, No?

If things get settled at "GOP =the Christian Party/Right" and "Democrats = the Left / nonreligious", then it will be virtually impossible to beat the GOP in many many many decades ahead and the GOP will be even stronger - GOP will prevail demographically and the gap will only grow larger.

The birth rate among Christians is indeed higher than among Lefties :lol: - there are more Lesbians/Gays among the Lefties indeed too - and...there are some devout Christians who wouldn't even use any condoms or pills.

I predict that America's future is GOP almost forever.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 4:48 am

my advice, is to learn Spanish now.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 5:35 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It seems that Trump is the type who's not much Christian but suddenly became a devout Christian since joining the GOP :mrgreen: .
I think Obama did the same thing years ago when he joined the Democrats. I know that the Democrat party isn't as devout but he knew he needed to pretend to be Christian to appease the general population / swing voters / middle americans.

I think the two most recent presidents are closeted atheists and one day there might be an openly atheist president.
Well, plating your entire home with gold is certainly too un-Protestant/Evangelical.
Very true. If he wants to do that he should be either Catholic or Orthodox (but he is descended from a protestant family).
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
He doesn't have one because he knows that either way he'd alienate half of the population.
If the Catholic/Orthodox church sell the gold of their structures then they can feed all Christian populations in poor countries - for years.
Yet it's the other way around. Remember that Mother Terassa collected $80 million per year to help the poor. What did $80 million per year buy? It fed a few hundred people on gruel and kept a few hundred dying people in a hospice, were they died in agony without anesthetic or medical treatment. Some of them died from curable diseases.

I expect this operation cost much less than $1 million dollars per year. The rest of the money she collected for the poor of Calcutta went to the Vatican Bank, presusebly to buy more gold.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 5:38 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Pew has said that "Hispanics" are more religious than "whites", so likely we are becoming a more religious country.

This is why the Catholic church is said to support illegal immigration, because it's filling their churches.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 5:45 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Thinking about it, it was only in the recent past that Democrats are being called as "The Left" by their rivals, and the Dems indeed have the lefties on their side - I recall things were more spectrum-like in each party (each party having Right to Left) a decade ago or so but now it seems things being more Right vs Left? Christian vs non-Christian, No?

If things get settled at "GOP =the Christian Party/Right" and "Democrats = the Left / nonreligious", then it will be virtually impossible to beat the GOP in many many many decades ahead and the GOP will be even stronger - GOP will prevail demographically and the gap will only grow larger.

The birth rate among Christians is indeed higher than among Lefties :lol: - there are more Lesbians/Gays among the Lefties indeed too - and...there are some devout Christians who wouldn't even use any condoms or pills.

By that logic, the pro-abortion people will be outbred by the anti-abortion people.

Also I've noticed that more intelligent, more career minded people often have less children or wait longer. They may wait until they've completed their PhD or until they've been promoted or until they have savings/investments or until they've bought a house, etc. They also have less children. Some of them choose not to have any children at all. Those truly dedicated to their proffession, might not even marry in the first place (like Isaac Newton).

On the other hand poor people breed often and they breed from a young age. Back when I lived in a poorer neighborhood I new teenaged parents who showed no remorse for dropping out of high school (they even named their child Axel :lol: )

Anyway, here's a demonstration of how smart people will be bred out of the gene pool.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 6:33 am

mebbe that is what somebody meant when they said that civilization would end not with a bang but with a whimper?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 6:56 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Trumps a secular nonideological pragmatist, who is probably aware that the earth is more than six thousand years old.

The question you mean to ask is "does he favor teaching Intelligent design?".

In the previous election I browsed that site (Fact check dot com? something like that ) that lists the positions of every candidate on particular issues.

The site listed "issues", and I clicked "intelligent design".

On the top of the resulting page the site displayed three quotes: on one side of the page were two quotes by McCain, and the other side one quote by Obama.

The first (2008) quote by McCain shows him very clearly opposed to teaching Intelligent design in schools. The second (2012) quote by McCain clearly shows him in favor of teaching Intellgent design in schools.

The one quote by Obama (longer than both of the McCain quotes combined) is so ambiguous that you cant figure out whether the speaker is for it, or against it.

So... Trump probably agrees with both McCain AND Obama about it! :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 8:24 am

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions on the vanishing posts.
Today I have to socialize with a pile of realatives..I'm all ready burned out from it and I haven't even left the house yet.lol

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 8:26 am

^^^I hope you can conserve your spoons [energy] wherever and whenever you can today.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Nov 2016, 9:51 am

I don't think Trump cares much about social issues, he's a New Yorker and if you actually listen to him talk instead of media characterization then you'll see that he's been pretty consistent throughout the decades in what his interests are when it comes to the presidency. The guy isn't some Holy Roller, he isn't some Randian, he isn't an ideologue, the guy isn't even really a Republican and we all know this. Trump's was talking about trade, infrastructure, and the need to balance our relationship with our freeloading allies for decades. Trump's ideology is putting the American people first, not the lobbyists or corporate interests.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 12:13 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Hmmm....

Even Charles de Gaulle haven't talked about his country France like this guy talked about Israel.

:eew:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 7:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^I hope you can conserve your spoons [energy] wherever and whenever you can today.

Thanks,it wasn't bad.Spent a few days at Hot Springs.So extra happy to be home recovering.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 7:41 pm

Misslizard wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Thanks,it wasn't bad.Spent a few days at Hot Springs.So extra happy to be home recovering.

hot springs by its name sounds like it oughta be a relaxing place to be. how ironic. :o

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 8:54 pm

This actually counts as the last official "election day" report of the season, making the final Electoral College count 306/232 Trump/Clinton:

The numbers are in: Trump wins Michigan by 10,704

In the closest race for president in Michigan's history, Republican Donald Trump is hanging on to a 10,704 vote win over Democrat Hillary Clinton.

The Michigan Secretary of State posted results Wednesday that were submitted by the state's 83 county clerks on Tuesday after the votes were reviewed and certified by each county.

Before that compiled count, Trump held a 13,107 lead over Clinton. But after each county certified its results, the lead shrunk to 10,704, with the biggest chunk coming from Wayne County, which showed that Clinton had gotten 565 more votes than originally tallied by the county.

The state's Board of Canvassers will officially certify the results on Nov. 28. The electoral college in all the states, including Michigan's 16 electors, will cast their votes on Dec. 19....

Across the nation, Trump won 306 electoral votes -- including Michigan's 16 -- to 232 for Clinton. In the popular vote, Clinton holds a lead of more than 2 million votes.

Trump is the first Republican presidential candidate since 1988 to win Michigan.

The vote totals that will be submitted to the state Canvassers Board on Nov. 28 are:

Donald J. Trump, Republican: 2,279,543
Hillary Clinton, Democratic: 2,268,839
Gary Johnson, Libertarian: 172,136
Jill Stein, Green: 51,463
Darrell L. Castle, U.S. Taxpayers: 16,139
Evan McMullin, write-in: 8,177
Emidio Mimi Soltysik, Natural Law: 2,209
Michael Maturen, write-in: 517
Tom Hoefling, write-in: 95
Laurence Kotlikoff, write-in: 87
Ben Hartnell, write-in: 39
Monica Moorehead, write-in: 30
​Cherunda Fox, write-in: 10

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politic ... /94360852/

It's all over, folks.

There Are Four Lights!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 11:02 pm

It'll never be over. They keep trying to get Clinton in for the next 4 years if they do t start violent uprisings all over the us and start killing random republicans on the street
:(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 12:36 am

that will not happen. evah.