Should me and my ex-GF go to couples counseling?

Page 4 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Dec 2016, 4:25 am

You could ship her cloths to her.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 11:58 am

Reading that email is a textbook case of a Borderline Personality Disordered girl and is frightfully like my ex. Do they ?have access to the same script? I believe she literally said the first sentence word for word too! Ultimately, the only difference is she messaged me literally SECONDS after I created my public dating profile.

When you talk about slapping her, I almost ended up doing that myself and I am one of the most gentle people imaginable. I actually could see why spouses would commit murder and that was the point I knew something with SERIOUSLY wrong. The only thing you can do it break off all contact and seek counselling as to why you would even consider a relationship with someone obviously so messed up. I've seen enough of these relationships and it will ultimately end with a visit to the hospital, prison or morgue (or all three). My ex still cyberstalks me to this day even though I have happily married. When I finally had the courage to walk away for good, she swung from loving, kind messages to nasty hate filled ones. Her last word was that she was 'too good for someone like you'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good women are NOT like that. My wife does some things that drive me up the wall occasionally (and I'm sure I do the same to her) but we have NEVER yelled, NEVER argued angrily, NEVER badmouthed her, NEVER fought with her family or friends and she is NEVER moody and NEVER disrespectful. Who cares what your family thinks? It's YOUR life and these types of girls almost never change or improve.

Come on man, get a backbone and walk away before you end up with false rape or domestic abuse charges. You deserve so much better than being with a child and STAY AWAY FROM POF if you value your sanity. These types of women will ruin your life and are capable of serious self-harm and then having delusions you did it to her.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 2:48 am

Okay thanks. She now sent me an email saying that I forced her to have sex with during the relationship... This makes me feel really concerned. There were times when we sort of had these rape fantasies. It's kind of like when James Bond was rough with p**** Galore, but he didn't actually mean to hurt or violate her.

We didn't do it like that often, just once in a while, here or there. But even though she was struggling, she still orgasmed and stuck with me, all that time, and kept wanting more and more sex, so either she was doing it all just to please and felt actually forced, here and there, the odd time when she would struggle, or she is just saying it now to make me feel bad.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Dec 2016, 2:51 am

She could be so screwed up that she actually believes it was rape now even thou she didn't think it was rape at the time.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 2:59 am

Well one of those times, she says that I penetrated too hard and she got hurt, and that is the time she is referring too. But I didn't intend to rape or anything, I just pushed in too hard by accident, and felt bad about it after, at that time.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 1:50 pm

ironpony wrote:
Well one of those times, she says that I penetrated too hard and she got hurt, and that is the time she is referring too. But I didn't intend to rape or anything, I just pushed in too hard by accident, and felt bad about it after, at that time.

Rough sex is NOT rape. She has to prove you forced her without her consent.

Keep cool, ignore her, and try to put all this behind you. This girl is certifiably crazy.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 4:10 pm

ironpony wrote:
Okay thanks. She now sent me an email saying that I forced her to have sex with during the relationship... This makes me feel really concerned. There were times when we sort of had these rape fantasies. It's kind of like when James Bond was rough with p**** Galore, but he didn't actually mean to hurt or violate her.

We didn't do it like that often, just once in a while, here or there. But even though she was struggling, she still orgasmed and stuck with me, all that time, and kept wanting more and more sex, so either she was doing it all just to please and felt actually forced, here and there, the odd time when she would struggle, or she is just saying it now to make me feel bad.

Did she ask to have that kind of sex or did you? I think if she asked and you were doing what she wanted, then it's possible she was planning to use it against you from the beginning if you ever tried to leave her. She sounds like a dangerous person and a manipulative bully. If I were you I would cut all contact with her to protect myself. It sounds like nothing good will ever come of communicating with her. You are lucky to have gotten her out of your life.

Also, as an actual real sexual assault survivor, I loathe women who would use a spurious claim like that to emotionally manipulate a man. She is the lowest form of scum if that is what she is doing. Women like her are the reason guys think rape accusations are more common than they are, and she is unforgiveable for that reason. What a piece of s**t.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

voidofcontext
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Dec 2016, 4:25 pm

It is worth noting that consent can be withdrawn at any time during the act and also the idea of coercion in to sexual activity can be considered a form of assault in some places. Sexual intimacy is an incredibly complex thing and the idea of what is and is not acceptable can vary from person to person as well as culturally but generally speaking 'No' always means 'No' even if it follows a 'Yes'.

Perhaps, if this ex-gf is insinuating that an assault took place, perhaps- contact permitting, it is worth speaking with her to find out exactly what she means in this context and working through it. I gather that things like this are not easy to discuss no matter what neurological status a person may be, but a bit more context for you would probably be very helpful.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 5:47 am

wilburforce wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Did she ask to have that kind of sex or did you? I think if she asked and you were doing what she wanted, then it's possible she was planning to use it against you from the beginning if you ever tried to leave her. She sounds like a dangerous person and a manipulative bully. If I were you I would cut all contact with her to protect myself. It sounds like nothing good will ever come of communicating with her. You are lucky to have gotten her out of your life.

Also, as an actual real sexual assault survivor, I loathe women who would use a spurious claim like that to emotionally manipulate a man. She is the lowest form of scum if that is what she is doing. Women like her are the reason guys think rape accusations are more common than they are, and she is unforgiveable for that reason. What a piece of s**t.

Okay thanks. No she didn't ask to have sex with. Mainly I sort of bolted into the room by surprise as a rough fantasy and just took her by complete surprise. She struggled and said no, but while it happened, I wanted her 'no' to be because of the surprise, not because of rape!.... does that make sense?

And I am sorry to hear about what happened to you in the past, my condolences. Thank you though for offering your opinion.

voidofcontext
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Dec 2016, 11:03 am

That certainly sounds like an assault. Was there a sort of "safe word" in place in your relationship for these rough/risky situations (presuming they were common/discussed) in place of 'No'? So that you could distinguish between the fantasy and a genuine need to stop?

Otherwise it has to be taken that 'No' means 'No', no matter how much you want it to be the contrary.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 11:27 am

You are entering into VERY dangerous territory if you maintain contact with someone like this. If she went to the police you wouldn't have a leg to stand on! You need to get away from her permanently and ignore all her messages no matter what. I will repeat that I was in this exact same situation: this kind of woman will go to ANY lengths to appease her impulses, including false accusations and "accidental" pregnancies. RUN like hell from this person!

You do sound like a kind hearted person but you really don't seem to understand what kind of danger you are in. Just getting arrested and having to fight a sexual assault charge would probably be the best case scenario if you keep her around. I got lucky: the only thing that happen was that my car was keyed at work twice a week after I broke up with her (I can't prove it but it's pretty obvious who the culprit was). Luckily she doesn't drive and has no idea where I live now!! !

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 2:27 pm

Ok, I'm officially DONE with this conversation.

I really hope she doesn't know you're on this website and can read your posts because something like this can be twisted into an admission of rape.

I've worked in the legal system before, plus I've been close to an accuser in something like this. You never, EVER admit to something like this. Why? First, you probably didn't actually do anything wrong and it's not worth acknowledging. You said it yourself. She stayed in a relationship with you even after that and everything was fine, which supports the fantasy defense. So you have nothing to answer for.

Second, I earlier indicated without evidence, she doesn't have a leg to stand on. You could have been lying the whole time because it would have been up to her to dig up actual EVIDENCE, of which there was NONE except her word alone--and she's clearly psychotic. That would have come out in court if it even could have made it that far. All you had to do was deny, deny, deny and the case would have been dismissed.

I'm not trying to worry or shame you. You just need to get a handle on self-disclosure and self-incrimination. I strongly dislike advising and fighting for people on the losing side. All I want to know is that you have completely shut this GIRL (she's no woman) out of your life. That means you don't read or answer emails, text messages, that you block her phone calls, and you avoid her out in public. If she comes around your place, do NOT answer the door but rather report her to the police.

Maybe I'm wrong here, and that's ok. But I feel I/we aren't being listened to. As much as I try not to take things personally, I can't help but feel offended by this. This is not just about the potential rape thing. It's that this GIRL is still in your life. Because you continue to acknowledge her existence.

For the last time, I'm telling you she is a NOBODY. She doesn't exist. If police or friends or enemies ask you about her, the correct response is, "Who?" She's in the past. History. A bad fever dream. And right now you are AWAKE. Now start acting like it!

I'm done. Best wishes.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 4:09 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Ok, I'm officially DONE with this conversation.

I really hope she doesn't know you're on this website and can read your posts because something like this can be twisted into an admission of rape.

I've worked in the legal system before, plus I've been close to an accuser in something like this. You never, EVER admit to something like this. Why? First, you probably didn't actually do anything wrong and it's not worth acknowledging. You said it yourself. She stayed in a relationship with you even after that and everything was fine, which supports the fantasy defense. So you have nothing to answer for.

Second, I earlier indicated without evidence, she doesn't have a leg to stand on. You could have been lying the whole time because it would have been up to her to dig up actual EVIDENCE, of which there was NONE except her word alone--and she's clearly psychotic. That would have come out in court if it even could have made it that far. All you had to do was deny, deny, deny and the case would have been dismissed.

I'm not trying to worry or shame you. You just need to get a handle on self-disclosure and self-incrimination. I strongly dislike advising and fighting for people on the losing side. All I want to know is that you have completely shut this GIRL (she's no woman) out of your life. That means you don't read or answer emails, text messages, that you block her phone calls, and you avoid her out in public. If she comes around your place, do NOT answer the door but rather report her to the police.

Maybe I'm wrong here, and that's ok. But I feel I/we aren't being listened to. As much as I try not to take things personally, I can't help but feel offended by this. This is not just about the potential rape thing. It's that this GIRL is still in your life. Because you continue to acknowledge her existence.

For the last time, I'm telling you she is a NOBODY. She doesn't exist. If police or friends or enemies ask you about her, the correct response is, "Who?" She's in the past. History. A bad fever dream. And right now you are AWAKE. Now start acting like it!

I'm done. Best wishes.

The fact that she stayed with him afterwards is not at all an indication that she wasn't assaulted--when a woman is assaulted by her partner rather than a stranger, it is a common psychological response to try to explain or justify it to herself as something other than assault because of emotional manipulation/abuse/gaslighting on the part of the one who committed assault, and because it is really really difficult to come to terms with the idea that someone you know and love could break your trust and violate your body like that. So you tell yourself it was a mistake, he didn't understand what he was doing, he didn't mean to hurt you, etc etc.

Partner Rape Myths and Facts

Quote:
""It's not rape if a woman remains with, or returns to, the man who raped her."
Some women feel deep shame if they remained in the relationship, or went back to the perpetrator after being raped by him (6). They may also feel as if this means as if they are not entitled to call a rape by it's name. This myth is not even logical because it assumes that a rape can suddenly "unbecome" a rape. It assumes that women must think, or behave, in prescribed ways in order for a rape to remain a rape, or for a woman to have the right of naming. It is based in part on notions of how a "good" victim behaves. This myth asks us to believe in a "back to the future" mentality, where time and events can be fiddled. Imagine if such absurd criteria were applied to robbery? If somebody stole your money, and you forgave that person, would that mean that you actually gave them the money? No, and neither does a rape magically transform into an act of consensual sex because of choices you make. "

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 5:42 pm

ironpony wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Okay thanks. No she didn't ask to have sex with. Mainly I sort of bolted into the room by surprise as a rough fantasy and just took her by complete surprise. She struggled and said no, but while it happened, I wanted her 'no' to be because of the surprise, not because of rape!.... does that make sense?

And I am sorry to hear about what happened to you in the past, my condolences. Thank you though for offering your opinion.

That's a rape - shame on you.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 7:00 pm

Mod note: Describing the perpetration of forced sex on an unwilling partner is unacceptable content and this is a warning to all posters to think carefully before posting offensive material or affirming/encouraging members who do so. If any further offensive material is posted in this thread then there will be a two step process - thread will be locked and formal warnings will be issued if necessary. I

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 2:52 am

Sorry I didn't mean to give that sort of impression or be out of line.

Last edited by B19 on 27 Dec 2016, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.: offensive material removed