Page 8 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 10:45 am

I'm not going to pretend to be super educated on the 2nd amendment here, but isn't the point of it that we need to be able to defend ourselves in case of some kind of Red Dawn or Soylent Green situation? NOT where people's feelings are getting hurt but where the country has fallen apart and we're all about to die or be given one-way tickets into FEMA camps?

In that case, I would prefer to have not only handguns and rifles but assault weapons as well.

I would also have a couple good knives (at least), some pepper spray or better yet, pepper gel, and some brass knuckles in case all else fails.

I myself have at least one weapon in every single room in my house and am always armed (with something or other) when I walk around.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 4:20 pm

adifferentname wrote:
If you aren't giving ideas equal consideration because you "don't like them", seemingly based primarily on their source, you're not practising due diligence in your decision-making when checking boxes.

I never said I don't give consideration to ideas, I just don't defend the side I don't agree with. But obviously, those positions I find unworthy or wrong, I have to examine first to come to that conclusion.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 6:55 pm

SocOfAutism wrote:
I'm not going to pretend to be super educated on the 2nd amendment here, but isn't the point of it that we need to be able to defend ourselves in case of some kind of Red Dawn or Soylent Green situation? NOT where people's feelings are getting hurt but where the country has fallen apart and we're all about to die or be given one-way tickets into FEMA camps?

In that case, I would prefer to have not only handguns and rifles but assault weapons as well.

I would also have a couple good knives (at least), some pepper spray or better yet, pepper gel, and some brass knuckles in case all else fails.

I myself have at least one weapon in every single room in my house and am always armed (with something or other) when I walk around.

Assault weapons don't exist. Assault is an action not an object.
Assault rifles are full auto/burst.
What they attempt to vilianfy are mordern sporting rifles or defensive rifles.
Aka any gun that's simi automatic(a technology that's been around for hundreds of years) they deem to be assault weapons and want banned. They also want to ban bolt action guns as they deem them evil sniper rifles. I'm sure once they see a double action revolver shot they'll want those banned too as it's basically simi auto(one shot per trigger pull) leaves us with single action revolvers and break action guns.

All horrible and like dox said why left leaning gun owners are forced to vote republican.
And there's bunch of democrat politicians who don't support gun control but vote for it cause it's the party line and if they don't the party will turn on them.