Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jmjelde
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Nov 2016, 11:14 am

Thought I would try this. Does anyone need a website written so that I can explore building a portfolio? I've been researching improved WordPress techniques. I've got my own blog and have done a few sites in the past (all hand coded although one client made me use dreamweaver which just added a TON of crap to the html and made it run slow. Bleh. WordPress is better.) I may be able to get a few clients at some point, start work as a web designer, but I need a portfolio other than my embroidery blog. So, if anyone would like to have a website written up or modified, I'd love to work with them.

Oh, and no, I'm not asking for payment. Just something to do. It'd be helpful to learn to work with clients.

My portfolio so far of still existing sites:
curiousneedleworks.com (my blog)
oceaninquiry.org (I did the original design framework. A few modifications have been made in the last ten years, but mostly it's still mine.)

You are welcome to PM me.

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2016, 2:40 pm

It's a great idea to post it here in Wrong Planet - but a word of advice from me would be to get yourself a LinkedIn profile and start adding people - there is a bigger chance that customers will pop up there. Another good thing to do is to call or show up on doorsteps of small businesses - like small shops and things like that. They may not have a website, and they may need someone to make on for a low price.

Don't sell yourself short and do it for free. Ask for a small one-time payment.