Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Awkward
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Nov 2016, 2:23 am

I cant rotate my head 90 degrees to left or right. It sucks. Will it cure automatically

Awkward
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Nov 2016, 4:34 am

Ok i am better than before but... it still hurts when i try to rotate my head to left.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 9:24 am

No it will not get better automatically. You're probably looking at your computer too much, maybe propped up at a funny angle. It's common to get to concentrating on something you're reading or a game you're playing and just tune out your physical position, then you've forgotten to move around and gotten a stiff neck.

You need to slowly and carefully move your head, using each of your hands on either side of your head, to one side and then then other. Then rotate your head some other way, like up and down. If it hurts, that's the way you need to move it, but very slowly, never force it. Do that maybe once every hour or two all day. Be sure to go to sleep with just a single pillow so your neck isn't cricked up again.

[This happens to my husband ALL the time.]

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 9:40 am

Honestly? If it doesnt get better quickly on it's own, I'd go have it looked at by a professional.

The reason I'm saying this is that I've had it happen, and unless you *really* just love pain, it's best not to try to fix it yourself. Different causes of this one require different solutions. Make the wrong move with the wrong solution, and, well... I'll just say, you'll regret it really fast. As bad as it might seem at the moment, be warned that it absolutely can get worse. Even once it is gone, it might still be a good idea to get it looked at. After all, if you can prevent it from coming back, that's a good thing.

The only real non-professional advice that can be given is "try some pain meds if you have them". That's really about it.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 10:33 pm

Likely have tight stiff muscles including forward head posture if you look at your phone or computer a lot. Neither is permanent but neither will just fix themselves and neither will be solved by going to a doctor.

Physiotherapists can teach you the exercises/stretches to loosen your neck muscles or you can learn from youtube videos. A massage therapist can help massage the muscles or again, to a certain extent you can learn to do self massage and learn pressure point release techniques to release the tension in your neck.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 10:40 pm

Awkward wrote:
Ok i am better than before but... it still hurts when i try to rotate my head to left.

Any idea what caused it? I myself have gotten horrendous neck aches due to headbanging at metal concerts and they usually go away on their own....well mostly I end up trying to massage the neck muscles and do a bit of stretching. I have this stuff called turpentine I use for rubbing on sore muscles and that stuff helps the pain quite a bit.

but yeah this is what I use when I get aches:
I recommend it, I mean provided its just a neck ache and not a more severe health issue that would need actual medical treatment.

Awkward
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Nov 2016, 7:08 am

It's almost gone. Thx for advices. By the way i dont know what caused it but i was coming from supermarket and suddenly i got a neck ache