Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 1:14 pm

So people are deciding Donald Trump's son is autisic based upon appearences at few press events. Did it ever occur to these amateur diagnosers that looking robotic and a little wierd is a perfectly understandable reaction for a 10 year old thrust into that situation?

Autisic or not he is a child who has been put into this situation through no fault of his own and deservers the privacy needed to grow up as best he can under the circumstances.

If the family reveals he is autistic it would be stubborn not to discuss it but I sure hope that does not happen. We have enough parents using thier kids to score political points. The leader of the free world doing it would be the worst of all.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 11 Nov 2016, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 1:21 pm

Yes, please, and I hope everyone will agree on this.

The press did a moderately good job of leaving the Bush daughters and Obama daughters alone, at least as long as they were minors. They should do that with the Trumps' son also, although I fear they will not.

BTW, the last time there was a presidential son living in the White House was under JFK in the early 1960s, and the last one before that was under Theodore Roosevelt.

There Are Four Lights!

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 2:17 pm

But everything seems to be fair game with Trump. Is there anything he considers "off limits?"

mixtapebooty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2016, 2:45 pm

He doesn't have it. He's just a boy.

CBRVA83
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Nov 2016, 3:01 pm

Darmok wrote:
Yes, please, and I hope everyone will agree on this.

The press did a moderately good job of leaving the Bush daughters and Obama daughters alone, at least as long as they were minors. They should do that with the Trumps' son also, although I fear they will not.

BTW, the last time there was a presidential son living in the White House was under JFK in the early 1960s, and the last one before that was under Theodore Roosevelt.

According to media reports, Barron and his mom Melania won't move into the White House with Trump until Barron finishes his school year at his NY prep school in June!: Melania and Barron Trump Won’t Be Moving to the White House for at Least 6 Months

Rosie O'Donnell also thinks that Barron has autism!: Rosie O'Donnell Criticized for Promoting Rumor That Barron Trump May Be Autistic

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 3:16 pm

I agree; let the boy out of it. He was thrust into the limelight and he doesn't have any control over the environment he was born into.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 3:20 pm

I agree. He's a child, people need to knock this s**t off.

And it's even more infuriating when it's the same people who will "defend" those with special needs, autism, etc. that are doing this crap. They only care about us when it suits their needs but if it's to use against someone like Trump, they don't give a damn about us.

ESPECIALLY crap like this https://twitter.com/Rosie/status/800939338615824384. Epidemic? You can piss off Rosie for all I care, you old, mean woman. Stupid god damned ableism is still alive and kicking in 2016 when it shouldn't be.

We have a voice, stop speaking for us unless you know us personally. /rant

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 1:54 am

Glad to see she is getting a lot of criticism for reposting that video.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2016, 3:31 pm

I agree, he's just a child thrust into the limelight. As for his appearance in that video, I thought he was just a tired child who was kept up way past his bedtime, as that was 3am in New York. As for him not moving with his dad into the White House until the end of his school year, switching schools is hard when it's done in the middle of the school year even for NT's. Even the Obamas are staying in the DC area until their youngest daughter is done with high school because they don't want to disrupt things for them. I'm not a Trump supporter, but I think Rosie O'Donnell needs to back off when it comes to minors. I get that she hates Trump, but minors are off-limits.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 12:45 pm

No harm in speculation. Go find a safe space if you don't like it. :P

Besides, I've seen the videos. If he didn't look like he might be autistic nobody would be speaking about it.

DavidTheWitch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2016, 1:04 pm

And where any of you mad when they claimed Obama Wife was a Transwoman? Then you have no right to b***h about what Rosie is exposing!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 1:28 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
No harm in speculation. Go find a safe space if you don't like it. :P

Besides, I've seen the videos. If he didn't look like he might be autistic nobody would be speaking about it.

I do not need a safe space from speculation, he is the one the needs it because he is 10 years old!!, 10 f*****g years old!! Because so many of you can not understand this, or you just do not give a f**k, or you think your agenda is more important then his welfare you are probably are harming him and are going to do a lot a more damage.

Hate his parents all you want, and yes I do understand his parents are the prime people that might be causing damage to him. Yes I wholehartly believe speculating somebody is autistic or diagnosing somebody as ASD should not be an accusation, but in the real world it is. Do not add to his problems with all of your public speculation.

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 01 Dec 2016, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 1:33 pm

DavidTheWitch wrote:
And where any of you mad when they claimed Obama Wife was a Transwoman? Then you have no right to b***h about what Rosie is exposing!

I did know about that, but yes it was a vicoius and wholly wrong thing to do, Mrs. Obama is a middle aged adult who understands it comes with the territory.

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 01 Dec 2016, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2016, 1:36 pm

It was wrong for people to publicly speculate about Trump's son's mental condition. That said, in the case of Rosie O'Donnell I think it was done out of ignorance. I don't believe it was malicious, considering that O'Donnell's own son is autistic. I'm sure everyone on this board has experienced how the actions of people who think they're "just being helpful" can actually be deeply damaging.

As for the Left, DON'T go after Barron, and stop slut-shaming Melania.

Trump is a dangerous demagogue who's already threatened the media and encouraged violence in his supporters. He wants to halt international movement of both citizens and foreigners. He plays on xenophobia, and doesn't much seem to care about how much he poisons the US's relationship with Mexico, or how by halting the Iran talks could further exacerbate problems in the Middle East. He's also all too eager to cooperate with whatever Putin, another authoritarian demagogue, wants.

The last time we saw this kind of internally destructive rhetoric was with Joe McCarthy and the Red Scare. Our democracy is in danger. Trump has no respect for freedom of expression, and no tolerance for criticism. By attacking Trump's family, you're distracting everyone from the issues that actually matter. If you continue with this kind of empty rhetoric, then when the Trump government and its supporters attack the left (both literally and figuratively), they can point to these kinds of distasteful attacks to create a false moral equivalency, again distracting people from what's really going on. It's time to move away from talking about Trump like he's a celebrity personality, and actually concentrate on his actions. But I'm very pessimistic that anyone will heed this warning. People love distractions.

DavidTheWitch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2016, 1:42 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
DavidTheWitch wrote:

I did know about that, but yes it was vicoius and wholly wrong thing to do. Mrs. Obama is a middle aged adult who understands it comes with the territory.

Yeah but you are supposed to leave a persons family out of it period. Not just the kids. The guy opened himself up to this when he went after Bill and Michele. You don't open Pandora's Box unless you are prepared to deal with hellish repercussions?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 1:09 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I do not need a safe space from speculation, he is the one the needs it because he is 10 years old!!, 10 f*****g years old!! Because so many of you can not understand this, or you just do not give a f**k, or you think your agenda is more important then his welfare you are probably are harming him and are going to do a lot a more damage.

Hate his parents all you want, and yes I do understand his parents are the prime people that might be causing damage to him. Yes I wholehartly believe speculating somebody is autistic or diagnosing somebody as ASD should not be an accusation, but in the real world it is. Do not add to his problems with all of your public speculation.

I don't hate his parents. I am stating a fact that is all. If he didn't look autistic in the video, nobody would be talking about this at all.

Who f***ing cares that he is 10 years old. Age shouldn't keep people from speaking up. Maybe, just f***ing maybe, they give a sh*t enough to want to see him get help if it's needed.

I have no agenda here. I was just pointing out the fact that people are getting their panties in a wad over something quite trivial is all. :P