Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 5:26 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
All I see is that people seem desperate for him to be autistic for various reasons and are looking for any "evidence" to fit the conclusion they want. I can play that game too, he is really tall for a ten year old, sure sign of of a physical disability that is causing his motor coordination issues that I am certain he has based on the few videos I have watched.

A fair point, you can't reasonably diagnose anybody based on videos

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Of course it would be good if the Trump became an advocate for the disabled and did something about it.

Lets not pretend Trump didn't publicly ridicule a person with a disability. My guess is he grew up in an environment where people with disabilities were seen as losers (something he believes). His father was an advocate of eugenics (not surprising given he as active in the KKK) and Donald Trump is on the record saying he believes his success is because of his "superior" genes
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/ ... a52d2cc7f9
My guess is we will never see him say anything positive about the disabled

ASPartOfMe wrote:
This is now about freedom of speech and a yet another converversation about how his parents are really bad people. Barron is a prop.

I have nothing personal against Melenia but for somebody who the right claim is "so smart" she was not aware she used a plagiarized speech from her "nemesis" Michelle Obama is pretty stupid. Trump himself is no different to the thousands of privileged hereditary peers who inherited their wealth and are what they are because of their upbringing. Big money at the expense of the little man is their credo. What is problematic is taking somebody who is a Wall street shark and real estate mogul with the ethics of a "Gordon Gecko" and prop him up as the leader of the free world.

And there lies my anger - it's not specifically directed at Trump (who let's face it is a successful if dodgy businessman) but the millions of so called educated middle class who appear to have no morals or ethics but voted for trump under the pretence that America needed a radical new leadership (which is bizarre given the countries economy is stable). Sure I understand the rustbelt states that wanted to punish Obama for the downturn in the automobile market (which was due of lack of competitiveness and he had nothing do with) and the millions of uneducated rednecks who saw a man who espoused bigotry and hatred that reflects their own dirty minds...

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 11:18 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
It is not about hating ourselves, it is about that "autistic" is often used as a insult with a somewhat equivilent meaning to "ret*d". This is particularly true amoung younger people and online.

Yea, so the internet has a lot of intellectually inferior and ignorant people. That's been a thing since the beginning of time. What else is new? Somehow I feel like the same people who are jumping to the defense of the boy were the same people who talked a lot of stuff over the past 8 years ... Does Ms Obama looking like planet of the apes ring a bell?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 11:42 am

green0star wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
It is not about hating ourselves, it is about that "autistic" is often used as a insult with a somewhat equivilent meaning to "ret*d". This is particularly true amoung younger people and online.

Yea, so the internet has a lot of intellectually inferior and ignorant people. That's been a thing since the beginning of time. What else is new? Somehow I feel like the same people who are jumping to the defense of the boy were the same people who talked a lot of stuff over the past 8 years ... Does Ms Obama looking like planet of the apes ring a bell?

The internet is where a 10 year old is likely to hang. But while that is a very important side effect, the main problem it is now become acceptable in many quarters to "out" minors, because the ends be it "Autism acceptance" or whatever justify the means. If this is how it is going to be, and it seems inevitable, what a nightmare for children everywhere. As if kids do not have enough problems with cyberbullying and just being a kid in 2016.

People say horrible s**t about the First Lady an adult so it is ok to do it to minors. Did you people every hear of "two wrongs do not make a right".

I do not care if I am the last person on earth that feels this way, but I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER accept outing minors for any reason.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2016, 8:39 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
green0star wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

The internet is where a 10 year old is likely to hang. But while that is a very important side effect, the main problem it is now become acceptable in many quarters to "out" minors, because the ends be it "Autism acceptance" or whatever justify the means. If this is how it is going to be, and it seems inevitable, what a nightmare for children everywhere. As if kids do not have enough problems with cyberbullying and just being a kid in 2016.

People say horrible s**t about the First Lady an adult so it is ok to do it to minors. Did you people every hear of "two wrongs do not make a right".

I do not care if I am the last person on earth that feels this way, but I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER accept outing minors for any reason.

Heh where are the parents of these 10 year olds that are hanging out online so often??? I didn't start going online till I was about 15 o-o I generally stayed off the sites that I knew my peers went to(aka myspace) but that's another story for another day. I don't think that 2 wrongs make a right what I'm saying is that the same people that are making a huge deal about the kid didn't really give a crap when it was being said about First Lady Ms Obama.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2016, 10:53 am

green0star wrote:

Heh where are the parents of these 10 year olds that are hanging out online so often??? .

Not sending them outside to play with their peers because there are no peers outside and you can get arrested for child abuse for doing that. Not in school with them where lessons often involve online. A lot of these kids easily outsmart adult attempts to limit thier online activities because they have been online since infancy and the adults have not.

Relating this to the topic of this thread, Melenia is very protective of him but I suspect Barron has seen what is being said about him online and I am pretty sure his classmates know.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 4:52 am

I am autistic and I want a more responsible conversation about autism — and that means leaving Barron Trump alone The discussion around Donald Trump's son is irresponsible and offensive. It's the president who should be our focus - Salon

The column has quotes from members of ASAN and the Autism Womens network