Page 6 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 11:13 am

BTDT wrote:
Yes, they should support each other. But, there are many in the community with issues that they take out on people that they should be friends with. Aspies with social issues are easy targets.

No arguments there. I agree. It's hard to catch hate from all sides, I know

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 1:29 pm

I think they tend to have emotional problems alongside like bi-polar or something. A few of them can overreact to things.

Aside from my experience I mentioned earlier in the thread, I had a friend who was gay and she had AS. She made things up that I'd done that never happened and I don't think she could help herself. I found her hurtful and she had no friends.

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

13 Feb 2019, 3:18 pm

I saw a YouTube video recently in which someone commented that gay males with ASD may have it difficult in a romantic sense because males in general tend to have less patience and understanding than females.

KingExplosionMurder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2019, 11:20 am

As a lesbian I'll have to agree with you on this. From micro-labels that make us look like a joke and outright discrimination, the community is an absolute mess.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2019, 6:21 pm

My sister has a pride flag even though she thinks pride is too radical. I won't get involved because of both that and the fact that I identify as heteroromantic asexual anyways.

stevens2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2019, 3:24 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I don't think I relate to the LGBT community because they called me uptight for not wanting to f**k guys who ask me for sex within seconds of meeting me for the first time. :?

Yeah, that and the fact that when we went to school 400 years ago we were terrorized for being different, but they write you off now because you weren't buying full size billboards in high school proclaiming you were queer. Then they go into full blown denial if you so much as bring up that there still are threats to your well being, from haters everywhere. The evidence is in the suicide rate, which now is even worse than when I was younger.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2019, 4:03 pm

stevens2010 wrote:
Yeah, that and the fact that when we went to school 400 years ago...
You went to school 400 years ago?
stevens2010 wrote:
... they write you off now because you weren't buying full size billboards in high school proclaiming you were queer.
I've noticed this from a lot of people in special-interest groups who seem to believe that their members should 'represent' by (virtually) pushing their differences into your face. Why don't they 'represent' by getting jobs, staying out of jail, staying away from addictive substances, earning university degrees, and just being all-around good citizens instead?