How is president Trump different from campaign trump?

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 3:20 am

AJisHere wrote:
Trump said it, with his own words. Are you calling him a liar?

And you know what? Hillary was putting it into action. Which do you think is worse?

"GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Thursday again refused to rule out using nuclear weapons in the fight against the Islamic State terrorist group, saying he will not be a “happy trigger” but that he wants to have an element of unpredictability.

I agree with that - anyone would if they understand what is happening in Iran.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 3:24 am

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the new Trump has the balls to go after corruption in the white house. That was his only redeeming feature in my mind. That he might hold elitists accountable to crimes.

We'll find out but I don't think he will do it since it will open himself up to attack once again (I think he'd rather not bring the spotlight back on his own (alleged) crimes if he can at all avoid it).

Having said that, he has demonstrated one thing very clearly. The election process in the US is complete and utter BS. He lied all the way through his campaign, his supporters acknowledge it, and they simply don't care. They don't care that he's not going to do what he said because they all knew he was lying anyway. Very strange mentality.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 3:29 am

nurseangela wrote:
AJisHere wrote:

And you know what? Hillary was putting it into action. Which do you think is worse?

"GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Thursday again refused to rule out using nuclear weapons in the fight against the Islamic State terrorist group, saying he will not be a “happy trigger” but that he wants to have an element of unpredictability.

That is literally the most terrifying thing a presidential candidate could say. It flies in the face of the policies we've used for the past 65 years to prevent a nuclear holocaust.

Also, no... Hilary was not planning to nuke anyone. The US and Russia have been in a pissing contest for a while; one that Trump's cabinet full of establishment Republicans will continue. Hillary was complicit in this, as was everyone in the Obama administration, and the Bush administration before it. At no point though did any of them express a willingness to utilize nuclear weapons in any capacity but deterrence.

Also, Iran despises ISIS. Just sayin'.

heavenlyabyss wrote:
Unfortunately it doesn't look like the new Trump has the balls to go after corruption in the white house. That was his only redeeming feature in my mind. That he might hold elitists accountable to crimes.

We'll find out but I don't think he will do it since it will open himself up to attack once again (I think he'd rather not bring the spotlight back on his own (alleged) crimes if he can at all avoid it).

Having said that, he has demonstrated one thing very clearly. The election process in the US is complete and utter BS. He lied all the way through his campaign, his supporters acknowledge it, and they simply don't care. They don't care that he's not going to do what he said because they all knew he was lying anyway. Very strange mentality.

People will believe a lot of strange things when they're scared... when hope fades. In this case, the flock has run from one wolf to another and convinced themselves it is not a wolf, but a kindly sheepdog.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 7:37 am

b9 wrote:
you will just have to wait and see.

all the contentious stuff that made him look like a "bad boy" has been moderated since he won.

the "wall" will not be built, but a more comprehensive coverage of the existing border and current wall will be implemented.

muslims will have to be thoroughly investigated before entering the country. not outright banned.

i do not think i ever heard any anti gay sentiments from him or any publicity around him about that.

he is a smart chap it is obvious.
he donned the image that got him the presidency, and now he will divest it somewhat in order to get down to business.

but if he can build a personal empire like he has (with a little help), he is shrewd, and shrewdness is what is sorely needed for the corporation that is america.

i have an inkling that he will eventually be seen as one of americas greatest presidents in the fullness of time.

I'm with you on this. Not sure about the greatest president. But probably not the awful monster so many expect. I do get the feeling that he will strive to be a great president.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 7:41 am

nurseangela wrote:
AJisHere wrote:

Hopefully ISIS will think twice about tangling with him, the way they said the Kilingons would think twice about tangling with Captain Kirk :P

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Nov 2016, 8:23 am

Trump has always had a public and private persona when it comes to conducting business, he's a master of self promotion and branding but now is the time the time to govern. I think Trump has a great deal of respect for the office and the responsibility he is about to take on, I think he wants the love and approval of all Americans not just his voters. The campaign was psychological warfare, it was an ugly brutal affair but fire was met with fire, hopefully this is over now and everybody can work together. I think Trump and most elected Democrats(besides POS like Harry Reid) have conducted themselves honorably after this election, the American people have spoken not just with their vote for Trump but their vote for Republican control of the House and Senate too. Trump despite the media characterization is quite moderate on some issues and I think more than willing to work bipartisanly, Trump doesn't look at compromising and making deals as selling out or violating your principles but rather relishes 'the art of the deal' and pragmatism which is something we probably need a lot more of in Washington than more ideological zealotry.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 10:46 pm

the coming years will be a time of comforting the already comfortable [yet more unneeded tax giveaways for the wealthy paid for by everybody else in the form of higher state and local taxes/fees] and afflicting the already afflicted [LGBT, the colored and poor]. that is how the GOP works. 59 million americans are just fine with this.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 10:51 pm

Hopefully president trump uses his manners and really works for the American people including minorities.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 10:53 pm

not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 6:22 pm

I doubt there will be any big difference. He will still insult people in interviews and on Twitter.

Guess what? Trump is being a coward again and trying to delay the Trump University case! He is a conman and a crook, lock him up!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 6:29 pm

pence the puritanical pill is even scarier. 8O

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 6:49 pm

Earthbound wrote:
I doubt there will be any big difference. He will still insult people in interviews and on Twitter.

Guess what? Trump is being a coward again and trying to delay the Trump University case! He is a conman and a crook, lock him up!

Trump U is a civil case he could settle tomorrow, you seem to not know what is on tax returns or the difference between criminal and civil court.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 7:03 pm

Leave me alone Jacoby. I really mean it. I'm tired of you being disrespectful towards my comments!!

You don't know whats on Trump's tax returns either! The coward conman couldn't even release them! That's so freaking pathetic. If Hillary did the same thing- people would be in an uproar about it as well.

Anyway.. in other Trump news- Steve Bannon has been hired. The guy is yet another in the line of sleazeballs that are horrible. Go look him up, its not just some media smear. He's an evil person that shouldn't be anywhere near politics.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 7:19 pm

news only gets worse.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 7:31 pm

How about you treat me with respect? I am 'correcting the record', if you find that disrespectful then don't be wrong?

I know that a person's net worth or business dealings wouldn't but on it, all it shows is how much declared income someone has in a particular year and deductions they took. Trump filled a 100 page financial disclosure which would tell you way more than tax returns on the conspiracies you allege. Civil cases are obviously very different than criminal ones, when you are rich you get sued quite often but there is no criminal case. Civil cases do not have to meet the same legal threshold and can be settle at any time, Trump does not like to settle cases on the principle of the matter but he obviously has bigger fish to fry right now. You let your partisan rancor get the best of you, go look at the criminal complaints and scandals the Clinton have against them. You will see that they are much more substantive and grave in their implications, the Clinton's ran a massive pay for play operation out of the State Department which is the textbook definition of corruption.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 7:36 pm

You havent treated me with respect ever! So leave me alone! I'm tired of this crap.